Pirelli MT 60 RS - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RupertC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 297
Garage
Pirelli MT 60 RS

Anybody tried out these, looks sick, and you cannot beat price
PIRELLI MT60 RS 150/80 B16 M/C 77H TL Reinf (ENDURO STREET) (ZADAJ/X)
PIRELLI MT60 RS 130/90 B16 M/C 67H TL (ENDURO STREET) (SPREDAJ/X)
...but since I was dissapointed with Mitas rear tire on Yamaha Virago 250, I'm a bit leery to just jump on deal and then regret it...
RupertC is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RupertC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 297
Garage
Found some customer rewievs and:
extremly good on wet tarmac, very good on paved road, also suitable for some light trails; and all this is trade on tire longivity, some reports that tire life span could reduce up to half (someone said as little as 1500 miles?!) of usual tires
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mt-60-rs.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	23434  
RupertC is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertC View Post
Found some customer rewievs and:
extremly good on wet tarmac, very good on paved road, also suitable for some light trails; and all this is trade on tire longivity, some reports that tire life span could reduce up to half (someone said as little as 1500 miles?!) of usual tires
Not sure why you would even want them? They are not for street bikes, they are for enduros. An enduro is a bike which is basically 50/50 street and trail riding. It doesn't seem like a good fit at all for the rebel unless you are using it off road a lot.
fujirio likes this.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RupertC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 297
Garage
But it appears to be OEM tires for Ducati scramblers, and they marked those tires 60/40 road/terrain. But, anyhow those rapid wear is too big tradeoff for me, and for now I will stick with Dunlops- expected life span for me appears to be somewhere in range 12000 to 15000 kilometres and are reasonably good in wet conditions.
Yes, yes, the price tag for Pirellis is too good to not at least look at them...
RupertC is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Senior Member
 
CueBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 713
Do you plan on doing any off-roading? Dirt, gravel, sand?

If not, stick with street tires... the price pays for itself with the longevity.

A quick Google says a set of Dunlops will cost you around $280, whereas the Pirelli will cost around $200.

You say reviews give Pirellis about half the life span of better tires, sometimes less... but the value isn't there unless they only cost half as much... otherwise it doesn't equal out.
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
CueBaller is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertC View Post
But it appears to be OEM tires for Ducati scramblers, and they marked those tires 60/40 road/terrain. But, anyhow those rapid wear is too big tradeoff for me, and for now I will stick with Dunlops- expected life span for me appears to be somewhere in range 12000 to 15000 kilometres and are reasonably good in wet conditions.
Yes, yes, the price tag for Pirellis is too good to not at least look at them...
Ducati scramblers are actually considered dual sport bikes. Meaning they are made for off-road/on-road use. Completely different than the design of the rebel.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:53 AM
Member
 
CanadianRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 48
I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of these, since I'll need to replace tires soon anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

I drive 95-100 kilometers a day with 20-40 of that being gravel, and even the odd unmaintained road, so this seems like the logical choice.
Kenny G and hombre like this.
CanadianRebel is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Member
 
CanadianRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 48
So I actually bought these tires for my Rebel and I'm very impressed, going to write up a long winded review as they apply to a Rebel once I hit 2000+KM.

Til then enjoy this quick video review
flyinbrianbmx and hombre like this.
CanadianRebel is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRebel View Post
So I actually bought these tires for my Rebel and I'm very impressed, going to write up a long winded review as they apply to a Rebel once I hit 2000+KM.

Til then enjoy this quick video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZyB4tMZijY&t=114s
danggggggg such a good video makes me want to get them and find some fire roads <3
flyinbrianbmx is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Long Beach, CA.
Posts: 669
Garage
What is that tied to your handlebars beating on the tank?

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
longbeachgary is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome