Musarri slip on - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2018, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Musarri slip on

Finally had a nice day to do some work on the bike. Put on the musarri and couldnít be happier. Looks better then I thought it would. Started it up with the baffle in and it sounded better but it wasnít what I was looking for. So I popped the baffle out and man was it music to my ears. Sounds like a motorcycle now. I also put in the K&N air filter while I was at it. Packed up the tools as fast as I could and jumped on for a ride. Wow does it sound amazing now. No popping or backfire. Has a nice rumble to it and I love it. Still need to paint the clamp black as I want to make it match the rest of the bike. Need to take it in the dealer and have them tune it because the dealer said if I change the pipe I will need to tune it to keep my warranty. Not sure how true that is but Iíll do it anyway couldnít hurt to do. Didnít notice if a made or lost any power from adding both the slip on and filter so I couldnít say for sure. One thing is for sure Iím digging the sound of it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3FB96892-34DF-45D5-9A61-4CE7A2B7C080.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	25975  

2018 Honda Rebel 500
Old 09-16-2018, 03:33 AM

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Finally had a nice day to do some work on the bike. Put on the musarri and couldnít be happier. Looks better then I thought it would. Started it up with the baffle in and it sounded better but it wasnít what I was looking for. So I popped the baffle out and man was it music to my ears. Sounds like a motorcycle now. I also put in the K&N air filter while I was at it. Packed up the tools as fast as I could and jumped on for a ride. Wow does it sound amazing now. No popping or backfire. Has a nice rumble to it and I love it. Still need to paint the clamp black as I want to make it match the rest of the bike. Need to take it in the dealer and have them tune it because the dealer said if I change the pipe I will need to tune it to keep my warranty. Not sure how true that is but Iíll do it anyway couldnít hurt to do. Didnít notice if a made or lost any power from adding both the slip on and filter so I couldnít say for sure. One thing is for sure Iím digging the sound of it
It is only a slip on exhaust isn't it? You shouldn't have to "tune" the bike after that? The EFI should just adjust itself i would have thought?!? Sounds to me like they are trying to make work for themselves but i will wait and see what others think.......
Chris likes this.

Rebelwithoutacause
Old 09-16-2018, 10:20 PM

I really donít believe you would need to tune or get some ECU modulator for a slip on. The cat is in front of them slip on, and I donít believe thereís any hp to really be gained from the slip on. Popping is just a loss of back pressure, and it wonít hurt anything, the original huge muffler probably had poppong too, it was just too silent to notice. You do you, but if a dealer tells you to tune a slip on, I think that dealer wants money for doing nothing and thatís bad business.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I couldnít agree with you guys more. Iíve not seen one post here that said anything about voiding the warranty if you donít tune after installing a slip on. Seems like a money grab to me too.

2018 Honda Rebel 500
Old 03-16-2019, 12:32 AM

Garage
it's fuel injected, not carbureted, and doesn't need to be tuned
Old 03-16-2019, 12:57 AM

Garage
No tuning needed. Enjoy the exhaust and when it warms up it sounds real nice. I waited and picked up a used one. Haven't done the K&N filter yet. As for the clamp I used the factory one.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I couldnít agree with you guys more. Iíve not seen one post here that said anything about voiding the warranty if you donít tune after installing a slip on. Seems like a money grab to me too.

If you have to take the bike in for warranty work.

Put the stock muffler back on. If they say they see scratches, tell them you had to remove muffler for chain adjustment or other maintenance.
Kenny G likes this.

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
Old 04-01-2019, 03:11 AM

Upload a short video to Youtube and provide a link so we can hear that beautiful sound hahah
Old 04-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Garage
Installed the Musarri on the 300. Sounds good with the baffle in.

Take care putting on the exhaust gasket supplied, I cracked it slightly sliding it on, not quite square when I started pushing it on. Should be fine after clamp is tight.

When the rains stop will ride it and see how it sounds and runs going down the road.
Kenny G likes this.

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
Old 04-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Garage
Put 110 miles on the 300 today with the Musarri muffler. It could be half as load with the baffle in and I would like it better.

Runs good, makes the little 300 sound faster than it is when going through the gears, but people hear you. I didn't have any problems or issues with popping when decelerating like the 500 guys have stated.

Got 78.90 mpg on the tank of gas. Part of the miles with stock muffler.

All in all I think it is a good muffler for the price $229.95.
Kenny G likes this.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 04-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.