11Likes
  • 5 Post By Rebold
  • 5 Post By Rebold
  • 1 Post By flyinbrianbmx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Rebold is signing off due to trade in

Hey everyone,

think I was one of the earliest owner's in the Netherlands to have a Rebel 500 on the road, and had lots of pleasure from it, but I'm sorry to have to say that after nearly 12000 km's I couldn't resist trading it in on a 1750 km XL1200T. For half my life I had been having one eye on Sportsters, and now I decided I had at least to try one, you know what they say, ya only live once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CMX500A to XL1200T.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	30147  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Congratulations . How do you like it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:41 PM

Garage
Congrats on the new ride, enjoy and be safe!

-CG
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 AM

Congrats! hows the new ride in comparison?

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

The Sportster is about 90 kg's heavier, but almost as compact as the Rebel, when driving you don't notice the extra weight, it does feel more stable. Ergonomics are perfect for small people like me, but that's not too surprising because the superlows are configured for that target group. Small digital dash in the odometer has gear indicator and tachometer, was missing that on Rebel. Only five gears but that's enough with this torque. No need to rev much over 4000 rpm, I like that. Big plus is belt final drive, no more chain greasing. Non lockable fuel cap is a relic from times gone by, Honda solution more modern and convenient.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebold View Post
The Sportster is about 90 kg's heavier, but almost as compact as the Rebel, when driving you don't notice the extra weight, it does feel more stable. Ergonomics are perfect for small people like me, but that's not too surprising because the superlows are configured for that target group. Small digital dash in the odometer has gear indicator and tachometer, was missing that on Rebel. Only five gears but that's enough with this torque. No need to rev much over 4000 rpm, I like that. Big plus is belt final drive, no more chain greasing. Non lockable fuel cap is a relic from times gone by, Honda solution more modern and convenient.
nice, well enjoy and remember to keep that shiny side up!
Jestmaty likes this.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebold View Post
You can change the front sprocket 1-2 teeth and lower rpm at highway speeds and use the same belt.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
those HD engines choke on the upper rpms compared to a properly engineered non-US built engine - there is no comparison - trade in that HD before you lose too much equity and get another Honda - and stay with Honda - you will eventually learn this fact at some point in your life

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page