power out - surfing on batteries - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
power out - surfing on batteries

Wind storm in the Northeast, trees all over the place, poles and wires down. It's our turn I guess. I'm using car batteries to run my pc and router.

This question is about the charger. I have a Schumakker charger that does 3A, 5A, 20A, and jump start 75A. I'm charging my 12v car battery now and it was sitting at 55% charging for 45 minutes at 20A. I unhooked the + and rehooked within a few seconds and it jumped up to 95% charged. So is it really at 95% ? It does this both on utility power or generator power. It didn't matter much to me before but now it does. I only have generator power and don't want to discharge the battery too low.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Have you tried unhooking it several more times, to try and get a different reading? If it's stable at 95% then I'd guess you're good for now.
Sadly I don't have much experience in regards of this, so can't really contribute much of anything...
Hopefully you guys will be up and running again in no time.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page