Ebay shopping issue - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Ebay shopping issue

Hey guys.
I'm having an issue on ebay that I haven't had before, so thought someone here might have been in the same boat before.

I placed an order on July 12.
For delivery it says: Estimated delivery Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018 - Thursday, Jul 12, 2018.
That's fine and all, as expected it will be long shipping time, not an issue.

But, here comes the strange part..
The shipping number I received doesn't match up with my package.
For that one it claims the order was placed on Mars 22, and supposedly was to be shipped to Africa...

On June 16 I send the seller a message in regards of this:
Hi.

I believe this tracking number is incorrect: RR276003585TH
It gives me tracking info for a package that is not mine.
Please check.

Thank you.

He replies that he will check this for me.

A couple of days goes by, still no word back, so I message him again on June 20 to get an update on this, and he replies:
my friend
I have checked you
Now your product is on the airport in your country.
You will get it soon.

Long story short, almost 2 weeks later now, still nothing...
So I'm getting a bit worried about this..

Should I just sit it out until July 12, and claim a refund for not receiving the package? (Assuming that it actually ain't gonna arrive here) Or..??
I've never had an ebay seller provide me with the wrong tracking number before, so I'm a bit lost to what to do in this matter.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
file a case when ebay allows it - you have to wait a few days after the last delivery date

if you get it you can cancel the case

if not, you will get your money back

people make mistakes, people defraud, stuff happens - you don't have to eat it

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
file a case when ebay allows it - you have to wait a few days after the last delivery date

if you get it you can cancel the case

if not, you will get your money back

people make mistakes, people defraud, stuff happens - you don't have to eat it
Yeah that's what I thought.
Bah, what a hassle... Still a pain having to wait all this time, and possibly having to wait the double now..
I'm due for my vacation soon also, so I can't suddenly have a package arriving either..
Oh well, not much I can do right now anyway but to wait a little longer.
The funny thing is though, that I've shopped from the same seller before, hence my confidence in ordering from him again.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 01:19 AM

You're lucky if the tracking number actually shows its nowhere near the shipping address. I had an eBay seller give me a tracking number for an amazon order that shows delivery confirmation in my zip code so when I opened a case up with Ebay, they checked the tracking number, saw that it got delivered, and said I was basically lying. Well, I didn't give up, did more research and was able to provide proof from USPS that the tracking number given to me was indeed delivered to a different address. These scammers man, they are on another level nowadays.

Kenny Le | PharmD

Last edited by 01-7700; 07-04-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: obscenity
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
no f bombs please

Some scammers are clever - too bad they couldn't redirect that into something productive.

I had a new one from eBay yesterday. I specifically searched for US shipper for a new brake light. Found a good deal and paid. The seller sent me a note saying his US inventory was depleted and would I mind if they shipped from China. No way. If you ship from China you will get negative feedback from me. That's why I searched for US shippers because it sometimes takes a month to get something from China. His listing still says it is shipped from US but I did get the order cancelled.

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 08:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko View Post
Hey guys.
I'm having an issue on ebay that I haven't had before, so thought someone here might have been in the same boat before.

I placed an order on July 12.
For delivery it says: Estimated delivery Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018 - Thursday, Jul 12, 2018.
That's fine and all, as expected it will be long shipping time, not an issue.

But, here comes the strange part..
The shipping number I received doesn't match up with my package.
For that one it claims the order was placed on Mars 22, and supposedly was to be shipped to Africa...

On June 16 I send the seller a message in regards of this:
Hi.

I believe this tracking number is incorrect: RR276003585TH
It gives me tracking info for a package that is not mine.
Please check.

Thank you.

He replies that he will check this for me.

A couple of days goes by, still no word back, so I message him again on June 20 to get an update on this, and he replies:
my friend
I have checked you
Now your product is on the airport in your country.
You will get it soon.

Long story short, almost 2 weeks later now, still nothing...
So I'm getting a bit worried about this..

Should I just sit it out until July 12, and claim a refund for not receiving the package? (Assuming that it actually ain't gonna arrive here) Or..??
I've never had an ebay seller provide me with the wrong tracking number before, so I'm a bit lost to what to do in this matter.
If you did it through pay pal i sould file a claim on there too. Im always waiting on sellers wether it's on ebay or not because some of these people aith legit looking online store fronts are a **** scam. Usually everytime i file a pay pal claim my stuff shows up miraculously that week.
Lyoko likes this.

Fred Doug
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyvle View Post
You're lucky if the tracking number actually shows its nowhere near the shipping address. I had an eBay seller give me a tracking number for an amazon order that shows delivery confirmation in my zip code so when I opened a case up with Ebay, they checked the tracking number, saw that it got delivered, and said I was basically lying. Well, I didn't give up, did more research and was able to provide proof from USPS that the tracking number given to me was indeed delivered to a different address. These scammers man, they are on another level nowadays.
Heh, yeah no worries there, I'm a slight distance from Africa
But yeah, it's a shame people can't just be honest. Hopefully it can still turn up here, but in any case I paid with paypal, so I'll always get the money back at least.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I've just about had it now...
Poked the seller again, pointing out that the last due arrive date is now on July 12, and I've still not heard anything from any courier.
Now he claims it will arrive on the 20th, 100% guarantied.....
*sigh*

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko View Post
I've just about had it now...
Poked the seller again, pointing out that the last due arrive date is now on July 12, and I've still not heard anything from any courier.
Now he claims it will arrive on the 20th, 100% guarantied.....
*sigh*
I would open up a ticket against him the day after the 12th. Sucks that it is so hard to communicate with some ebay sellers.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I would open up a ticket against him the day after the 12th. Sucks that it is so hard to communicate with some ebay sellers.
I found some contact info for ebay help when seller doesn't provide tracking info, so I've sent them a mail in regards of this.
I did get a tracking number, technically, but it wasn't for my package, so then again he technically haven't provided me with an actual tracking number for my package, so yeah.. We'll see what ebay support makes out of it.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page