• 1 Post By Lyoko
  • 1 Post By Lyoko

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Honda Rebel Intro

Hi guys

Ive been experimenting with making an Intro & using it just for my rides.
I welcome any comments, tips or suggested improvements if any?
Best viewed using "headphones" for full sound effect/

Mike likes this.

Twizz
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
As a huge YT watcher, I have to say that I dislike lengthy intros on short videos. I like what you've done with yours, nicely edited. Maybe SpaceX will launch a Rebel into outer space next!
Twizzian, Lyoko and Rebelution like this.

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
As a huge YT watcher, I have to say that I dislike lengthy intros on short videos. I like what you've done with yours, nicely edited. Maybe SpaceX will launch a Rebel into outer space next!
Ha ha! Me too! I dislike all that cookie-cutter stuff like when they TELL you to, "Like, subscribe! Follow me on instagram and twitter! Share!" I like it when they give us some credit that we're not idiots and know to subscribe if we want to.

Intros too, I just want to learn something, and it's not a sit-com television series. A one minute intro for a 5 minute video, urgh, just get to the point!

I also don't like jump-cuts, but whatever. I don't like it when they edit out the "tricky" parts in a how-to video. Like, just snap off this cover . . . then it jump-cuts to the cover being gone. It didn't show the intricacies of which way to undo the clips or pull or whatever. Same with soldering videos. Every video shows just when they're about to do the solder, then it jump-cuts to the solder being finished. Or when they edit out any parts they had some difficulty, trying to fool us into thinking they're magically gifted and efficient, when they're not. /rant
Lyoko likes this.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
It should have ended after the first 7 seconds.. Right after the texts. I actually thought it was finished then.
As mentioned, lengthy intros are such a paaain! Even those that are just around 10 sec I tend to skip, solely due to the hate for them...

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Banned

I also watch a bit of Youtube (I have YT Red) and on videos that have a long intro I will generally turn it off and find something else to watch. I'm sure you put some work into this and the intro in itself is nice, but way too long.

I would try and keep the intro to 10 seconds or less and if you use other social media put the links on screen at the end of it. If you find some of Moto Madness videos I think its a good intro/outro to use as it has catchy music and a short intro/outro.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Yep point taken, I agree itís way too long for an intro. Good to get some solid comments from outsiders.
Iím no expert and this is my first attempt doing this but enjoyable.
Intros are fashionable & I also like or dislike many, but Iím not asking for YT subscriptions or like & share stuff

Back to the drawing board or at least I will cut it down substantially.

Twizz
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
It has an interesting twist/twizz though
Never seen such graphics used before, so quite original I'd say on that part
And you might want to tone it down a bit..? If you've seen some motomadness videoes, that intro drives me insane due to how extreme it is, there is just waaay to much going on.. Can't stand it. But a little is ok. Not saying yours is on that level, but some parts was perhaps just right over the top.

Looking forward to your next draft
Twizzian likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko View Post
It has an interesting twist/twizz though
Never seen such graphics used before, so quite original I'd say on that part
And you might want to tone it down a bit..? If you've seen some motomadness videoes, that intro drives me insane due to how extreme it is, there is just waaay to much going on.. Can't stand it. But a little is ok. Not saying yours is on that level, but some parts was perhaps just right over the top.

Looking forward to your next draft
Just had a look at your suggested moto madness, itís def a headbangers intro but properly short.
Which bits were over the top?

Just to give the game away the SpaceX graphics were all coloured Ink swirls filmed in a fish tank

Twizz
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzian View Post
Just had a look at your suggested moto madness, itís def a headbangers intro but properly short.
Which bits were over the top?

Just to give the game away the SpaceX graphics were all coloured Ink swirls filmed in a fish tank
Yeah, but it's a bit too extreme.. A simple and enjoyable intro is the best imo.

As I've seen your intro a few times more here, it's grown a bit on me here (not the length, but in general)
Maybe tone down the "static" effect a tiny bit?
Twizzian likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzian View Post
I'd like to see the video of making the video

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page