Whats up my Rebel brothers - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Whats up my Rebel brothers

Hi all,

I've had my rebel for about a month now and I love it. I did tons of research and I took a chance and got a 2018 rebel 500 ABS. Great bike but I would like to do some mods like a new seat. Does any one know where i can get this seat or whats it is called and also the back rest? pic below of the bike mod. It says zeedparts but has anyone delt with them before?

HERE
01-7700 and Tree like this.

Last edited by fujirio; 04-20-2018 at 12:52 PM.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirio View Post
Hi all,

I've had my rebel for about a month now and I love it. I did tons of research and I took a chance and got a 2018 rebel 500 ABS. Great bike but I would like to do some mods like a new seat. Does any one know where i can get this seat and back rest? pic below of the bike mod

HERE
The primary seat is a Corbin seat found HERE

The backrest, which imo is mostly pointless as with the Corbin seat you effectively have made your Rebel a single seat bike, I'm not as sure about but I have seen some similar ones in places like Amazon and Zeed which may be a more generic seat and not specifically for the Rebel.

I have not used Zeeds before, but several people here have and have had positive interactions with them.
fujirio likes this.

Last edited by Techsniffer; 04-20-2018 at 12:53 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsniffer View Post
The primary seat is a Corbin seat found HERE

The backrest, which imo is mostly pointless as with the Corbin seat you effectively have made your Rebel a single seat bike, I'm not as sure about but I have seen some similar ones in places like Amazon and Zeed which may be a more generic seat and not specifically for the Rebel.

I have not used Zeeds before, but several people here have and have had positive interactions with them.

thank you, I thought this was a two person seat. Do you know of any good two person seats like the Corbin? Also I noticed you live in MO, KC. GO Chiefs.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
thank you, I thought this was a two person seat. Do you know of any good two person seats like the Corbin? Also I noticed you live in MO, KC. GO Chiefs.
Actually the seat in the pic might be THIS

An alternative might be something like THIS

Both from Zeed
fujirio likes this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Actually the seat in the pic might be THIS

An alternative might be something like THIS

Both from Zeed
thanks, do you have a corbin seat? I like the warranty on it better than the one from Thailand (zeed).
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanks, do you have a corbin seat? I like the warranty on it better than the one from Thailand (zeed).
I intend on buying one, but I was hoping they might come out with one that doesn't have the back slope on it, I'd like just the seat. But several people on here have the seat and love it, in fact one member here on the forums is the reason the seat exists, they let Corbin borrow his Rebel for a month to make the prototype Corbin seat.

As a bit of added information, Corbin is considered by many in the motorcycling world to be one of the best custom made seats you can get, and are known for being extremely comfortable. They are pricey, but everything I've read suggests its worth every penny.
Lyoko and fujirio like this.

Last edited by Techsniffer; 04-20-2018 at 02:01 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I intend on buying one, but I was hoping they might come out with one that doesn't have the back slope on it, I'd like just the seat. But several people on here have the seat and love it, in fact one member here on the forums is the reason the seat exists, they let Corbin borrow his Rebel for a month to make the prototype Corbin seat.

As a bit of added information, Corbin is considered by many in the motorcycling world to be one of the best custom made seats you can get, and are known for being extremely comfortable. They are pricey, but everything I've read suggests its worth every penny.

thanks for the help. Is it possible to buy the back passenger pedals and stuff without the seat?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanks for the help. Is it possible to buy the back passenger pedals and stuff without the seat?
I think it's sold as a set, but who knows what you might find on eBay.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:28 PM

Garage
welcome! yeah the pegs and rear seat are sold as a set from Honda, but like TS said, you can probably find one or the other on ebay or elsewhere now.
i have read negative reviews on here about the zeed seat (from a comfort standpoint). as far as the company goes, i've bought from them and had a good experience.
I have a corbin seat on order, this will be my 2nd one overall on any bike i've had, and they are amazing. i might go so far as calling them the gold standard of aftermarket seats.. but of course that's a matter of opinion.
Kenny G and fujirio like this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
welcome! yeah the pegs and rear seat are sold as a set from Honda, but like TS said, you can probably find one or the other on ebay or elsewhere now.
i have read negative reviews on here about the zeed seat (from a comfort standpoint). as far as the company goes, i've bought from them and had a good experience.
I have a corbin seat on order, this will be my 2nd one overall on any bike i've had, and they are amazing. i might go so far as calling them the gold standard of aftermarket seats.. but of course that's a matter of opinion.
thank you for the help. I actually was reading the reviews on the seat about the zeed and I will most likely go Corbin. Is this your first seat for the rebel? I just have a few questions.

1. will I be seated higher?

2. is it possible to buy the parts (pegs, etc) for the passenger without buying the seat from Honda?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page