• 1 Post By dyn085
  • 1 Post By CueBaller
  • 1 Post By dyn085
  • 1 Post By FLrebel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
There are Two Types of Riders...

...those that have dropped a bike and dirty, filthy, liars.

So I've been lurking for a handful of days trying to get my learn on and figured I would register to see if it would minimize some of the ads. A Rebel 500 is in my sights for my wife in the coming weeks. She initially wanted a 300 (learning to ride) but I convinced her that a 500 would give her additional time to learn and develop her skills before she grows out of it, along with the ability to ride two-up with one of the little ones.

I've never actually ridden anything with less than a liter as my first bike was an '86 1200cc Suzuki Madura. In 2008 I upgraded to a CBR1000RR that was promptly stolen about 45 days later while in Hawaii. That put a pretty bad taste in my mouth for owning a bike and I took a ten year hiatus, only just recently deciding to swing a leg over my new 2017 FZ-10...probably the ugliest bike that I've ever swooned over. Seriously, it's pretty hideous.

Needless to say, my wife felt pretty left out after seeing my face beaming with smiles after my rides. She wants to learn and get some of those smiles, and it would both be a fun family activity to be able to just jump on the scooters and ride out to some fabulous location over the weekends. We looked at a lot of entry/mid-level bikes and discussed the pros and cons of all of them and have both pretty much agreed that this is the best all-around decision. I already have a few parts for it in my Amazon cart that are just waiting for me to finish the order, lol.

Fwiw, we live in the PNW (Vancouver) which is basically a Mecca for riders. Also, I fall into the former category-literally my very first time on my very first bike as I unloaded it from my pickup, lol. Rubber side down!
rebelwithoutacause likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
only just recently deciding to swing a leg over my new 2017 FZ-10...probably the ugliest bike that I've ever swooned over. Seriously, it's pretty hideous.
Yes, but it's hideous in a sexy way...
dyn085 likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Wow, it seemed to me like I had been part of the forum for more than 47 days by now, lol.

Well, the second bike has finally been acquired so that my wife will have something to learn on. A couple weeks ago my dad messaged me to let me know that he was intending on giving my wife his Suzuki Volusia when he comes to visit in September. With that information I immediately went to work on trying to convince my wife that having two cruisers in the garage would mean that she would most likely only ride one and leave the other parked. To me it was the optimal opportunity to give her the opportunity to have two bikes of different styles to compare and contrast different types of riding and give her a legitimate 'choice' on the days she decides to throw a leg over. As a naked fan, I naturally nudged her in the direction of a standard...

RebelRider likes this.

When life throws you a curve, lean in.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 06:37 AM

Garage
Enjoy the experience, keep safe and alert.
dyn085 likes this.

"Life is about putting others needs, above your own fears".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page