Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

'18 Rebel 500

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  AB82 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Planning on picking up my bike in a few weeks. Holding out for my dealer to get it in.. Rebel 500 in matte silver. Can't wait! Just wanted to join in on the Rebel talk early!

#8 ·
Thanks yall! I am obviously sold on this bike but wanted some other opinions as well.. I'm 6' tall, I've sat in the saddle and personally found the rebel to fit me quite well, mid controls as well as the steep tank make for a comfortable set up. However I have not rode the bike any distance, wondering if anybody else (6' or taller) had any issues when riding the Rebel.. longest trip I'll probably make would be around the 100 mile mark most likely.

#10 ·
I'm 6'1 and I haven't experienced any problem riding it during extended time. Only issue would be the poor seat, as it doesn't offer substencial support. But besides that, none.
But other around same height have experienced some issues, so I guess it depends a little from person to person.

#9 ·
Since not "imperial" guy, 185cm, many 500kms trips, longest day in saddle was 700kms as part of three days ride; I would do that in an blink of the eye, anytime, anywhere, still stock seat! But your mileage could vary, since our backs are not made the same way:wink2:.

#11 ·
I’m all of 6’3 & not yet felt uncomfortable although my rides are not long distance.
Added an extra 1” thickness to the seat but it’s only made the seat comfortable and doesn’t feel physically higher, but worth it for the comfort, plus with the original black vinyl it looks cheap and boring.

Strangely, even though I’m tall (long legs & arms), my arms are fully outstretched in riding position with no body adjustment available.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum! I haven't had any problems with the comfort of the seat, although most of my rides are short blasts through city traffic. One poster said, and I think this is true, the more you ride your rebel, the more your backside will get used to the seat.

I'm 6'3" and I really like the "rider triangle" the bike puts you in. No fiddling with your feet to find the controls, everything is in a very natural position. IMO you're gonna really love your Rebel. Enjoy and ride safe!

#14 ·
I’m 5 foot 10inchs tall and 190lbs I rode 130miles one way. with traffic took 2 and a half hours and had to stop twice cause I guess the combination of the stock seat and my boney bottom don’t quite pair well for long ride comfort. But on the same day on the way back had the same discomfort but instead of stopping I just kept bouncing myself up off my seat to improve circulation and that managed to do the trick from time to time so I didn’t loose any time on the way back. But I don’t have any problems around town stop and go traffic all day long a breeze no issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.