Hello from Nashville - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By DuggleBogey
  • 2 Post By flyinbrianbmx
  • 2 Post By Robble10

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Hello from Nashville

I just bought a gently used 2018 Rebel 500 yesterday and so far I am loving it. My other bikes are all twist-and-go scooters so I'm having to get used to shifting gears again since I haven't done it in over 20 years.

The bike came with a Corbin seat, a small black windshield, engine guards and a very loud aftermarket exhaust.

I came to the forum to find out how people deal with things like no tachometer, no gear indicator, no helmet lock, etc. I'm sure there are tons of solutions and tips in here for me. For now I'm just going to read.

Thanks,
Duggle
flyinbrianbmx and R80rt like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 12:59 PM

some of you have never sat on the stock seat and it really shows.... lol you're lucky it came with a corbin!

and you can add all the things you listed pretty easily, I chose to just stick with the gear indicator instead of getting a tach (only one port for one choice, i believe they make a port adapter to where you can plug both a gear indicator and a tach in though) the tach seems a little unnecessary imo but the same argument can be made for gear indicators also. helmet locks are wide spread on the internet and you pretty much have an unlimited supply of those and what you can do. I will say I ALWAYS take my helmet with me inside places when riding the moto. I'm a firm believe that people are crap and some dirt bag of a person will spit in your helmet or do some nasty crap to it if they know they'll get away with it. enjoy the bike though and use the heck out of that search bar!

I'm down in Asheville NC and I'm planning on doing a tail of the dragon trip pretty soon if you want to meet up!
Kenny G and DuggleBogey like this.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Garage
I did 130 miles today, I got no problem with the stock seat.

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool.

2018 Rebel 500
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:50 PM

My mod to the seat suits me well, but it does not suit my son when he rides it. So I have done a bit more fettling ready for Saturday.
Kenny G and R80rt like this.

Just do it! (I did: 2017 Rebel 500; 2014 MT-07)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
Comfort is relative to the rider, things that work well for me might not work well for others. I wouldn't say the seat is bad, each rider's "Seat" will make that decision.

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool.

2018 Rebel 500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page