How to put photo's on a new post or on a reply to post?a - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Showmeguy66
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dsctr3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 146
Garage
How to put photo's on a new post or on a reply to post?a

I have not been able to post photo's on a post or a reply to a post.

I have tried going towards the bottom of page when replying to a post and click on attachments, but the photo's don't upload to post.

Could someone explain what I need to do to post photo's?

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
dsctr3 is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Robble10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Mid-Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 202
Try this:
Click 'Go Advanced' to provide next page (is below message box);
Next page: Scroll down to 'Manage Attachments' and click it;
Next page: Click 'Choose file'. This allows you to find your photo. On my tablet after I have found the pic I click it.. The 'Choose file' now shows the reference for your pic file;
Same page see 'Upload file'. Click it. Now WAIT and you can see a message 'Uploading file'. Do nothing until that message disappears. It will not tell you that the job is done, but it is. So, click either top right corner of same page or at bottom: 'Close this window'; (NOT BACK button)
You are then back to the original message box: Click 'Post quick reply'. Done. I am not sure if it shows anything in or around the message box to indicate that a pic has been added.

PS Why am I having to help out like this ( I don't mind. I have done this before). But where are such instructions on this site, any Monitor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190506-WA0020.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	28195  

Just do it! (I did: 2017 Rebel 500; 2014 MT-07)

Last edited by Robble10; 05-23-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Robble10 is online now  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dsctr3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 146
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robble10 View Post
Try this:
Click 'Go Advanced' to provide next page (is below message box);
Next page: Scroll down to 'Manage Attachments' and click it;
Next page: Click 'Choose file'. This allows you to find your photo. On my tablet after I have found the pic I click it.. The 'Choose file' now shows the reference for your pic file;
Same page see 'Upload file'. Click it. Now WAIT and you can see a message 'Uploading file'. Do nothing until that message disappears. It will not tell you that the job is done, but it is. So, click either top right corner of same page or at bottom: 'Close this window'; (NOT BACK button)
You are then back to the original message box: Click 'Post quick reply'. Done. I am not sure if it shows anything in or around the message box to indicate that a pic has been added.

PS Why am I having to help out like this ( I don't mind. I have done this before). But where are such instructions on this site, any Monitor?

Thanks, I appreciate your time and willingness to help, I will try that.

And your right about finding instructions or help posting photo's or other questions on this forum. There is no instruction post on how to do things.

I have mentioned in numerous posts when people ask for photo's, I don't know how to attach photo's. But know one else has helped, so I could post photo's they asked for.

On other forums it's easy and have had no problems.

Thanks again

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 05-23-2019 at 05:32 PM.
dsctr3 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:14 AM
Senior Member
 
RupertC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 240
Garage
Here, first, hit button "reply" (not "quick reply"!), then scroll down till you see button "manage files", click on it then pop-up new window "manage attachments".Here you can browse to your computer's files and choose up to ten files, just click on "browse" windows and attach them and then, in bottom that window you have "submit files" button, hit it and wait..., then close that window. In bottom of page you will see whatever you have choosen to upload and then just hit "submit replay" button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slike_forum_011.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	28199   Click image for larger version

Name:	slike_forum_022.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	28201   Click image for larger version

Name:	slile forum_03.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	28203   Click image for larger version

Name:	slile forum_04.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	28207  

Last edited by RupertC; 05-24-2019 at 03:19 AM.
RupertC is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:18 AM
Senior Member
 
RupertC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 240
Garage
And, voila, pics heavyanswer to topic is hereThere is also option "drag 'n drop" but didn't test it yet and someone else reported troubles using it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slile forum_044.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	28205  
RupertC is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 AM
SLI
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 192
The drag feature works for me, and I've been attaching many pics lately.

The only quirk for me is occasionally it rotates the image 180 degrees after i drag it into the drag and drop window.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertC View Post
And, voila, pics heavyanswer to topic is hereThere is also option "drag 'n drop" but didn't test it yet and someone else reported troubles using it...
SLI is online now  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dsctr3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 146
Garage
Thanks for all the answers
It's appreciated

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
dsctr3 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Showmeguy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 333
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLI View Post
The drag feature works for me, and I've been attaching many pics lately.

The only quirk for me is occasionally it rotates the image 180 degrees after i drag it into the drag and drop window.
It rotates the pics if the image size is too large. I like to keep them around 500kb if they are upwards over 1mb they will rotate on you. I don't know the exact size at which this happens but generally speaking this is the case.
SLI likes this.
Showmeguy66 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Showmeguy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 333
Garage
Drag and drop for me. I split my screen with the forum page on one side and open my pic folder on the other and drag from one to the other. Left click on the photo and drat to (Drag Files Here To Attach) never had a problem. You do need a mouse to make thing easier though
Showmeguy66 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome