Help Required Long Legs - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harley Friend

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Help Required Long Legs

My friend just bought the new Rebel 500 but is struggling to get his long legs up on the foot rests, any after market extensions available to Help eliminate his problem
Kenny G likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:35 AM

Garage
Harley,

I had the same problem as your friend and found that by adding 3 inches of foam to the OEM seat I was elevated enough to pick up my feet from the ground and put them on the pegs. I have just over 8000 miles since I changed the seat height and I am quite satisfied with my Rebel.

You can do a search on here for forward pegs and some of the guys have had success with them.

Kenny G
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:30 AM

I have a neoprene foam pad raising the seat height. It is held on with neoprene sheet (it is not pretty...). I have just received some thinner neoprene foam to fit as a final top layer to stop me sliding forward sometimes. You could probably add 2" somehow, following the shape of the seat on the underside.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
SLI

I'm 5'5" and i sometimes wish the controls were a touch more forward...so I can only imagine what you taller riders are feeling.

Maybe somebody on here has experience with this control relocation kit:
Acessories Honda CMX500 REBEL 2017> machined from solid aluminium, designed and manufactured ​​in Italy by deprettomoto.com - deprettomoto.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 AM

Garage
I have them and they are nice. They do make the bike a little more roomy. After seeing Odin work out some highway pegs I started looking at the problem he ran into more closely. I took off the forward controls and built a bracket for highway pegs out of wood and aluminum. I brought it to a fabricator so it could be made in steel. I should get the prototype back next week or 2. Im back to the stock setup and feel more crunched again but I like to move around when Im riding and just changing to forward doesnt add that option. Short answer is yes they are nice and give you more room but no they were not my final solution.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page