Think i finally found it! - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Think i finally found it!

As close to the perfect bike as i am going to get.

Hi all! new here but certainly not new to motorcycles. I have owned, built and drag raced literally several dozen motorcycles in my life. Everything from Harley's, Buell's, R6's, S40's, GSXR's to vintage CB's and KZ's. They all had their issues.

Saturday i picked up my new black 300, ahhh, feels like home. I'm comfortable, the handlebars are great, i can see out the mirrors and it's relatively smooth. This bike is very intuitive in turns and feels super "planted". Power is fantastic for such a small bike and i love how light it is.
I initially thought i would buy the 500 but the clutch cover was a deal breaker for me, too intrusive on my right leg, could not get comfortable at a stop or while riding.
I have had about 10 new bikes with fuel injection and i hated them all, no personality and horrible when snapping the throttle open at slower speeds as well as being generally crappy when downshifting.

The rebel has a much more forgiving fuel injection tune that feels more natural and while i would rather not have fuel injection at all, Honda did a great job of making it feel like a finely tuned high quality carb.
The only thing on this bike i don't like is the gigantic muffler and the fact that i cannot see the speedo on a sunny day.

I think this one is finally my keeper, i friggin love this thing!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome Rodjr

Twizz
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 02:45 AM

Garage
Welcome and let the modifications begin. Sounds like the exhaust first for you...

Rebelwithoutacause
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome !

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 AM

Garage
Nice choice, I love my 300 as well!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 08:02 AM

murassi makes a sick exhaust

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Musarri-Sli...-/253107107858

that was just the first i could find online i got mine for about $170
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the M4 with stage 2 silencer yesterday. The angle of most of the aftermarket exhausts is just wrong, there are certain lines and angles on the bike that are styling cue's, when you add a whole new angle it looks crappy.
The M4 and the Two brothers are the only ones that got it right in my book, but the M4 had more options as far as silencers.

This is the only mod I intend to do (unless I find a way to make the speedo more visible in sunlight), the rest of the bike needs no changes, it is just right.
longbeachgary likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjr View Post
This is the only mod I intend to do (unless I find a way to make the speedo more visible in sunlight), the rest of the bike needs no changes, it is just right.
Lol i remember when I first said that
needless to say my bike looks a little far from stock now.
Lyoko and rebelwithoutacause like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 02:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjr View Post
I ordered the M4 with stage 2 silencer yesterday. The angle of most of the aftermarket exhausts is just wrong, there are certain lines and angles on the bike that are styling cue's, when you add a whole new angle it looks crappy.
The M4 and the Two brothers are the only ones that got it right in my book, but the M4 had more options as far as silencers.

Aside from the seat I haven't done any modifications - except paint a couple of bits here and there and those were done on extra parts I bought just to paint them. And even with the seat I switch back and forth between the stock, the corbin and a custom seat. I just like the look of the bike AS-IS.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
Aside from the seat I haven't done any modifications - except paint a couple of bits here and there and those were done on extra parts I bought just to paint them. And even with the seat I switch back and forth between the stock, the corbin and a custom seat. I just like the look of the bike AS-IS.
Yeah, I have scratch built and modified so many bikes in my life, I'm Really excited to find a bike that I think is just right as is. My experience is that most aftermarket parts/mods do not end up making me happier with the bike in the long run, there is almost always a down side.
longbeachgary likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page