Passenger foot pegs relocation - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Techsniffer
  • 2 Post By Techsniffer
  • 1 Post By zohararad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Passenger foot pegs relocation

I have a small dilemma with my 500 Rebel. When riding with my 11y/o daughter, I find that the passenger foot pegs are too high for her (she's quite tall for her age), and she has to bend her knees quite a lot, which over a 15-20mins ride leads to cramps and foul mood.

I tried looking for passenger pegs relocation clamp-on kits, but they all fit a 1" - 1.5" tubes (most common engine-guards diameters), while the passenger foot pegs mounts on the Rebel are made of 3/4" tube.

So, my question to you is how would you approach this? I'm hoping to gain about 4" of forward distance at a slightly lower position than the current pegs.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Banned

Not sure you will be able to find exactly what you want, you might call around to some metal fab shops in your area and tell them what you want and they could probably make something for you and it probably wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Also ask if they do any powder coating (many do) as you won't want to just slap some paint on the pegs as it will wear and chip easily.
zohararad likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsniffer View Post
Not sure you will be able to find exactly what you want, you might call around to some metal fab shops in your area and tell them what you want and they could probably make something for you and it probably wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Also ask if they do any powder coating (many do) as you won't want to just slap some paint on the pegs as it will wear and chip easily.
I'm a bit wary of going down that road, as for some reason I don't fully trust the metal shop in my area to do a visually appealing job. I did find a couple of bits online that might do the trick, but will keep searching.

I do wish there was a kit similar to the rider foot pegs relocation kit available from an Italian vendor (I forgot the brand name)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohararad View Post
I'm a bit wary of going down that road, as for some reason I don't fully trust the metal shop in my area to do a visually appealing job
If you go to them and show them the bike so they can get measurements and then you specify the size of tubing etc then you control what you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohararad View Post
I do wish there was a kit similar to the rider foot pegs relocation kit available from an Italian vendor (I forgot the brand name)
I think you mean THIS
zohararad and Kenny G 2 like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, that's the kit I was referring to, and thanks for the feedback - I'll give it another thought, and if I can't find something off the shelf, I'll go and have a chat with the guy at the metal shop
Kenny G 2 likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:27 AM

Any luck with this?

2018 Rebel 500 - Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page