Brick alternatives - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Brick alternatives

I just saw an interesting and pretty back light with integrated indicators on ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-LED-M...53.m1438.l2649

and thought you guys might be interested.

Maybe this could be a thread where everyone who changed the brick posts a link where to buy the replacement and a pic of what it looks like on the bike because the brick seems to be a priority to change for most people here.
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondora View Post
I just saw an interesting and pretty back light with integrated indicators on ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-LED-M...53.m1438.l2649

and thought you guys might be interested.

Maybe this could be a thread where everyone who changed the brick posts a link where to buy the replacement and a pic of what it looks like on the bike because the brick seems to be a priority to change for most people here.
At that price I would be sceptical of the quality, but if it is junk you're not out much.
Mike likes this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 PM

Garage
I do actually like the idea, after reading more fine print it says they only ship to Australia though
wonder if someone else makes something similar (time to start searching)
as TS said I would also be skeptical given the price but ya never know
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:18 PM

Garage
nevermind, just found the same thing from a US seller. still only $17. i figure somethings gotta break at that price LOL
Rebelution likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

I am not changing my brick. I just thought that this one is a pretty one that I hadn't seen before and also that it would be nice to have all the options together in one thread because atm it's all over the place in different threads.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 PM

Garage
true-i have no intent (now) of changing it either. like you said before it's a nice size -and noticeable. but i did like the twin circle idea, so something to think about for future if something comes along. if I do make a change i'd like it to be the same size as what i have now (not smaller) despite how it looks on the bike
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 11:02 AM

Garage
I'm in the process of changing all the lights on my rebel, so will have to post back when it's done. New LED headlight, front/rear turn signals, and brake light + license plate. I pretty much disliked all the stock lights on the rebel so they're going away.

Send my bank account tissues, it won't stop crying over what I've done to it...
sfrider1991 likes this.

-----------------------------
2018 Rebel 500 ABS rider
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:58 PM

Do you still have the old ones ? I need the set.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 10:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davefitz View Post
Do you still have the old ones ? I need the set.
Waiting for the wiring to arrive, connectors and extenders then I'll change them out. If you still need them, I probably won't get to doing the project for a week or two since I'm waiting for the final bits to ship in.

-----------------------------
2018 Rebel 500 ABS rider
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 11:16 PM

Well I thought that these lights look way cool without taking away from the actual faceprint that the rear light brick presents so I ordered a set figuring it's only 20 something bucks if I don't like them no big deal. I just recieved them in the mail today and they seem alright a little loose and shaky on the actual lights to the mount. I haven't tried to fit the lights on the bike yet but there is no way I am cutting any wiring or doing any form of customization on my bike for these yet to make them fit . I'm just not sure how these will perform. I will definitely keep posting as I go.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page