New brake light - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 6Likes
  • 6 Post By Umbre

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New brake light

Like many of you I wasn't happy with the brick Honda decided to attach to the back of our bike. Unfortunately many of the mods in this forum weren't either to my liking or not feasible because of the lacking EU homologation. I got lucky at De Pretto Moto ( De Pretto Moto | Accessori Moto - Made in Italy ) more spcifically this product here ( Acessories Honda CMX500 REBEL 2017> machined from solid aluminium, designed and manufactured ​​in Italy by deprettomoto.com - deprettomoto.com )

Installation wasn't too hard. Getting the wiring back into place was a pain though. Speaking of the wiring, it's not plug and play. You will need to make a connector going from under the seat to halfway the back of the bike ( crimps are provided and already attached on the brake light side)

I ordered a brake light connector online as I didn't want to keep the original assembly in one piece and soldered the whole thing together as I felt more comfortable this way.

What I forgot is the fact that my licence plate isn't standard sized, which meant I had to cut away two of the mounting arms and slightly bend the signal lights to make everything fit. Since the reflector is mandatory here it managed to hide the rest of the licence plate holder quite well.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Hey! I did the same one! Looks awesome when you look your reflection on the shops.

What about those bags?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviRebel View Post
Hey! I did the same one! Looks awesome when you look your reflection on the shops.

What about those bags?
Hepco & Becker

https://www.hepco-shop.de/produkte/g...ow-halter.html

They're a bit pricey and to be honest I would have preferred a bag with an integrated lock but I really like the look.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 04:58 PM

Hey, where did you buy the Honda OEM rear light connector?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semensky View Post
Hey, where did you buy the Honda OEM rear light connector?
Here are two links:

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/E...onnectors.html

https://www.customled.com/collection...les/make-honda

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page