In need of opinions... - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In need of opinions...

Canít decide which turn signals are best for front and rear. Looking for something on the smaller end. Iím also looking for decent front turn signal fork clamp/bracket. The pictures shown below are currently the ones Iím eyeing but no idea if they are any good. I numbered them 1-4. Let me know which ones you like or if you have anything better for me to consider.

Thanks!

Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ER
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:38 PM

I don't see any pictures
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I don't see any pictures

Lol I forgot to attach them

Lyoko likes this.

ER
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage

ER
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Your picture num 4 fork clamps.
Depending where you get them, but I found they were very difficult to secure, you locate a tab from one part to a slot in the other, then you squeeze as hard as you can before even getting the bolt on.

My opinion, try the machined set.
Erproa likes this.

Twizz
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:14 PM

Do not get the number 2 signals!!!! Visit the turn signal woes post if you want more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Erproa likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:41 AM

Also I bought your number 1 option. Terrible mistake. I've had to purchase 4 sets of them because they stopped working a few rides after installation. And they arent very bright. They are a cheap option, but I'd go for something of better quality. I decided to go with these https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-marker-lights and I believe they will last the majority of the bikes life.
mrded and Erproa like this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:42 AM

Best to leave the turn signals alone. They work and the size is a safety thing. I saw a bike today where the turn signals were about the size of a bottle cap. I can see them, but that's because I look for them. I can't imagine that some car only driver would notice them.
Also there seems to be quality issues. I can't understand why one would take off perfectly good quality parts to replace them with inferior junk. That also applies to exhausts, silly looking handle bars, ugly seats and other parts of the bike.

This bike is lovely as is. It handles great, has some guts and is lightweight. I really don't get why some people feel the need to turn it into a fugly thing that handles like ****.
01-7700 and Erproa like this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondora View Post
Best to leave the turn signals alone. They work and the size is a safety thing. I saw a bike today where the turn signals were about the size of a bottle cap. I can see them, but that's because I look for them. I can't imagine that some car only driver would notice them.
Also there seems to be quality issues. I can't understand why one would take off perfectly good quality parts to replace them with inferior junk. That also applies to exhausts, silly looking handle bars, ugly seats and other parts of the bike.

This bike is lovely as is. It handles great, has some guts and is lightweight. I really don't get why some people feel the need to turn it into a fugly thing that handles like ****.
It's all a matter of opinion and perspective
You may like green, and I don't. I may like blue, but you don't. But does that mean that neither one of us should be able to choose what we like our self? No, ofc not.
Erproa likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 06:07 AM

I am not erproa's mum so it's not an order. He asked for opinions and that is my general opinion about modifications.
Lyoko and Erproa like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page