Side Strip Keep or Remove? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
RebelRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 192
Garage
Side Strip Keep or Remove?

Is everyone removing these? Just not seeing what they're there for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9611.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	3097  

Instagram @jayparrington
RebelRider is offline  
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Prevents somewhat paint scratches, and helps when anchoring to the bike to give better grip.
RebelRider likes this.
Lyoko is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
CueBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 713
I honestly hadn't even noticed it was there lol

May as well leave it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
CueBaller is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 178
Garage
what the ****! I don't have that on my bike, wonder if its location specific. would of been nice to have, I like it. lol.


what is it with these things. can't they just ship the same bike everywhere. Seems there is a different version of this bike depending on country. lol. bad enough that the bike Honda officially presented looks nothing like the ones they put on the market. biggest pet peeve right there. you show a bike that you want to bring to market, well... that's the exact bike people will want. not a watered down version, which sadly, being in Canada, seems to be the Canadian thing. Everything gets watered down, even pizza!!! And you still have to hang the pizza up to dry. lol.


And its just something as small as the rear light on the bike. official release event thing had a small one on the bike. market has a brick hanging off the rear fender. simple, but add these simple small things up, they can make a big difference. lol.
macjosh1 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
what the ****! I don't have that on my bike, wonder if its location specific. would of been nice to have, I like it. lol.


what is it with these things. can't they just ship the same bike everywhere. Seems there is a different version of this bike depending on country. lol. bad enough that the bike Honda officially presented looks nothing like the ones they put on the market. biggest pet peeve right there. you show a bike that you want to bring to market, well... that's the exact bike people will want. not a watered down version, which sadly, being in Canada, seems to be the Canadian thing. Everything gets watered down, even pizza!!! And you still have to hang the pizza up to dry. lol.


And its just something as small as the rear light on the bike. official release event thing had a small one on the bike. market has a brick hanging off the rear fender. simple, but add these simple small things up, they can make a big difference. lol.
That piece is only on the 500 that is why you don't have one.

The bike I got looks like the same one Honda has been talking about for months. Every Honda release I had seen since November when the bike was announced had the huge rear light. I can't think of anything that changed.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
And its just something as small as the rear light on the bike. official release event thing had a small one on the bike. market has a brick hanging off the rear fender. simple, but add these simple small things up, they can make a big difference. lol.
Yes!! I remember seeing a consept drawing it think it was, and there the tail light was slim and small, and then suddently there was this big brick there instead!
You don't happend to have any links or picture of this?? I can't find it anywhere nowadays..

And about people getting "different" bikes here and there; I was somewhat "shocked" when I first saw mine on the floor at the dealer (I preeordered the bike) and it had the passenger seat on it. From what I had read, and heard from the dealer even! the seat and pegs was just another thing that you could add as an optional extra for the bike, like the windscreen, etc.
So that was a nice surprice.
Thought maybe it was a "gift" of sorts, since I was one of the first here to order the bike.
Lyoko is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 178
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
Yes!! I remember seeing a consept drawing it think it was, and there the tail light was slim and small, and then suddently there was this big brick there instead!
You don't happend to have any links or picture of this?? I can't find it anywhere nowadays..

And about people getting "different" bikes here and there; I was somewhat "shocked" when I first saw mine on the floor at the dealer (I preeordered the bike) and it had the passenger seat on it. From what I had read, and heard from the dealer even! the seat and pegs was just another thing that you could add as an optional extra for the bike, like the windscreen, etc.
So that was a nice surprice.
Thought maybe it was a "gift" of sorts, since I was one of the first here to order the bike.


if they included the pass seat or windscreen, that would of been nice. I see allot of other bikes, diff manufactures, that come with seats, pegs and windscreen with the option of exhaust upgrades. I'm sure its in the price, but would of been nice if the dealer actually offered it in a way, know what I mean. in my case in Canada, all the accessories was back ordered. then it was back ordered again when the first shipment got delayed. lol.
Lyoko likes this.
macjosh1 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Kenny G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Robson Ranch, Denton, TX USA 2017 Rebel 500
Posts: 1,329
Garage
Looks like the KiWi market is the only one that has all of the goodies that Honda manufacturers.

Kenny G
Kenny G is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
if they included the pass seat or windscreen, that would of been nice. I see allot of other bikes, diff manufactures, that come with seats, pegs and windscreen with the option of exhaust upgrades. I'm sure its in the price, but would of been nice if the dealer actually offered it in a way, know what I mean. in my case in Canada, all the accessories was back ordered. then it was back ordered again when the first shipment got delayed. lol.
Heh, well if only we could have such offers even. Here it's you buy the bike, and that's it. They do offer the extras, but they don't even have them yet! Couldn't even get a price on the different things! Totaly hopeless...
The aftermarked parts will have caught up by the time Honda get's their finger out...
Kenny G likes this.
Lyoko is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Senior Member
 
FLrebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Posts: 316
Garage
Keeping mine on
FLrebel is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side covers falling off jr_b17 2017+ Honda Rebel Issues And Problems 39 10-08-2017 07:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome