Higher passenger seat - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dollarbill181
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 10
Higher passenger seat

I am very new to this hobby so forgive me if I sound too ignorant. I was wondering if it was possible to add a different type of passenger seat to my 500.
My girlfriend is on the taller side and I'm afraid the sitting at the height of the fender would make this really uncomfortable.

I know it's still a short bike and it will never be super comfortable two-up, but Gaining a few inches on the seat would increase the distance to the pegs and could probably make it at least a bit more comfortable.

I attached a picture of kind of what I'm thinking..

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 11.46.00 AM.png
Views:	180
Size:	783.4 KB
ID:	1001  
callmefed is offline  
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 178
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmefed View Post
I am very new to this hobby so forgive me if I sound too ignorant. I was wondering if it was possible to add a different type of passenger seat to my 500.
My girlfriend is on the taller side and I'm afraid the sitting at the height of the fender would make this really uncomfortable.

I know it's still a short bike and it will never be super comfortable two-up, but Gaining a few inches on the seat would increase the distance to the pegs and could probably make it at least a bit more comfortable.

I attached a picture of kind of what I'm thinking..

Thoughts?

someone correct me if I am wrong, aftermarket parts right now is slim to none with the bike being so new. A year from now, maybe??? There is a few sites that have a few short small options, but from I have heard, they come from across sea's and can take some time to get them here in North America.
macjosh1 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
 
Twizzian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thailand
Posts: 932
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmefed View Post
I am very new to this hobby so forgive me if I sound too ignorant. I was wondering if it was possible to add a different type of passenger seat to my 500.
My girlfriend is on the taller side and I'm afraid the sitting at the height of the fender would make this really uncomfortable.

I know it's still a short bike and it will never be super comfortable two-up, but Gaining a few inches on the seat would increase the distance to the pegs and could probably make it at least a bit more comfortable.

I attached a picture of kind of what I'm thinking..

Thoughts?
I can't help thinking that the passenger seat on the Rebel wasn't designed for comfort and only just functional.
I wouldn't want to ride around for more than 5 mins on a square cube.
Mines coming off anyway!
Twizzian is online now  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 178
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzian View Post
I can't help thinking that the passenger seat on the Rebel wasn't designed for comfort and only just functional.
I wouldn't want to ride around for more than 5 mins on a square cube.
Mines coming off anyway!
I was going to buy one, just cuz I got all the other accessories including the rear rack, looks weird without a seat, but not gonna bother. There's a bike type storage bag thing out there that you can strap in place of the seat, and would take up that room plus the rear rack. I'm the only one going to be on this bike, so why spend the money on the passenger seat right? lol.
macjosh1 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
dollarbill181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzian View Post
I can't help thinking that the passenger seat on the Rebel wasn't designed for comfort and only just functional.
I wouldn't want to ride around for more than 5 mins on a square cube.
Mines coming off anyway!
Darn it, I knew if I waited someone would eventually part out a passenger seat!
Just ordered one for mine ($119). 99.99% of the time it's just me on the bike, but there's always that .01% chance the wife will let me ride if she can come along.
Twizzian likes this.
dollarbill181 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
Twizzian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thailand
Posts: 932
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
someone correct me if I am wrong, aftermarket parts right now is slim to none with the bike being so new. A year from now, maybe??? There is a few sites that have a few short small options, but from I have heard, they come from across sea's and can take some time to get them here in North America.
I think it will take less than a year before many aftermarket parts become more in abundance.
As the model was launched & built in Thailand there are already a ton of stuff to be had.
As the US & other countries take on a strong hold on their shipping quantities for this bike, custom parts will also start sprouting.
As you correctly said, most accessories are Thai & Chinese made at the moment.
Twizzian is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seat Comfort Jet noise Honda Rebel 300 & 500 General Discussion 22 07-04-2018 06:53 PM
Passenger seat comfort? Mossimo Honda Rebel 300 & 500 General Discussion 20 04-11-2018 07:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome