Saddlemen Eliminator Cafe Tail and Seat? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neil Braybrook

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Question Saddlemen Eliminator Cafe Tail and Seat?

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has experimented with adding the Saddlemen Eliminator Cafe Tail and Seat (or any Saddlemen Cafe style tail/seat) on their rebel? I really like the look of it and think it would be a great mod for my bike but am new to the biking world and it's listed as a universal fit. Not sure if I'd have to make some modifications or have a shop do it, or if I can manage to fit this on myself. Any suggestions/thoughts/input?

Tail Section Here

Seat Here
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:28 PM

You would def have to mod the frame to install or support that tail fairing
rebelwithoutacause likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Braybrook View Post
You would def have to mod the frame to install or support that tail fairing

That's what I was afraid of. I want a cleaner and shorter look for my fender and rear of my seat. I really like the look of the corbin, but I'd have to keep the standard fender to mount it vs using a shorter tail tidy with integrated lights. Anyone done any integrated lights and fender swaps with a better seat that can make a recommendation?

Right now I'm strongly leaning towards a corbin seat but at the same time really want to throw this tail tidy on as well. But it doesn't look like it will fit because of the lip that extends out from the corbin seat.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomann View Post
That's what I was afraid of. I want a cleaner and shorter look for my fender and rear of my seat. I really like the look of the corbin, but I'd have to keep the standard fender to mount it vs using a shorter tail tidy with integrated lights. Anyone done any integrated lights and fender swaps with a better seat that can make a recommendation?

Right now I'm strongly leaning towards a corbin seat but at the same time really want to throw this tail tidy on as well. But it doesn't look like it will fit because of the lip that extends out from the corbin seat.
yeah, you couldn't do a corbin with that tidy tail the corbin seat actually bolts down to the middle of the rear fender. it would be really cool if it would work though.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrianbmx View Post
yeah, you couldn't do a corbin with that tidy tail the corbin seat actually bolts down to the middle of the rear fender. it would be really cool if it would work though.
Yeah that's what I figured. I did find a frame bracket for the Saddlemen Eliminator seat and tail. Not sure how difficult we'd be looking at installing that though and they seem obscure enough that no one has any reviews listed for them on any site selling them, which feels really shady to me. But at this point I'm decidedly on the fence between picking up the full eliminator kit with the frame bracket for it and finding a rear light mod that will fit it aesthetically and literally, or going the tail tidy route and getting more of a bobber style single seat. Either way the more important desire is better comfort for longer rides, because quite frankly that stock seat is terrible and I can't stand riding for more than 20 minutes at a time in it, which sucks because I love riding my Rebel otherwise.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah that's what I figured. I did find a frame bracket for the Saddlemen Eliminator seat and tail. Not sure how difficult we'd be looking at installing that though and they seem obscure enough that no one has any reviews listed for them on any site selling them, which feels really shady to me. But at this point I'm decidedly on the fence between picking up the full eliminator kit with the frame bracket for it and finding a rear light mod that will fit it aesthetically and literally, or going the tail tidy route and getting more of a bobber style single seat. Either way the more important desire is better comfort for longer rides, because quite frankly that stock seat is terrible and I can't stand riding for more than 20 minutes at a time in it, which sucks because I love riding my Rebel otherwise.
Correct link for the saddlemen bracket here
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Correct link for the saddlemen bracket here
I mean that bracket will not likely fit these bikes. It is made for a harley. You would def have to get someone to do some welding.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page