Seat finally arrived - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Seat finally arrived

I ordered a Corbin seat and asked them to make it with more of a widow maker back.
It came today and they got it perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	27053  
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:25 PM

Garage
why the H E L L didn't they just do that from the beginning.
engineer musta been drunk or something

Last edited by Odin; 01-28-2019 at 09:26 PM. Reason: censor
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:10 PM

I sent them an email asking them to do this for me last year and they never replied.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:49 AM
CDL

Very interested in hearing how it compares comfort-wise to the OEM passenger pillion. I think it looks better than the original gunfighter and a little more functional. Waiting on your review and some installed pics.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM

Pics of the install please! i asked them to do this for me a while back and they straight up said "no it wont work, the railing behind the seat wont let it fit..." wtf hahaha im about to replied to them with your photo and say i was told this was impossible and now i want it too. haha
Odin and rebelwithoutacause like this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

I put the seat on this evening. Sorry for the pic. She is put away for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20190129_174816_4587_1548797183970.jpeg
Views:	683
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	27055  
flyinbrianbmx likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 08:07 PM

Wow! I love that way that seat looks, I've been looking for something like that since I first got my Rebel. I wanted to ask a few questions if that's okay. How much did the seat end up costing you? Did you have to call them to make the custom order or is there a way to do it from their website? How's the fit and feel of the seat, I know Corbin makes quality seats but is the passenger seat actually comfortable now as well? I really love taking my partner and friends out for rides so I wanna make sure they have a comfortable ride as well.

Sorry for spamming you with so many questions but this seems like the perfect seat I've been looking for all these months. Thanks in advance and ride safe .
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

2018 Rebel 500 with ABS

I sat on the back seat after I put it on the bike.
It has alot more cushion and is bigger than the stock passenger seat.
I originally talked to a dealer but then called Corbin direct to see if I could get the seat I wanted.
I said to the guy I know you guys only do gunfighter style but is there anyway you can beef up the back some to a widow maker styling because the misses is the one who controls the money and if she wants to go with me for a run I can't really say no.
The guy said not a problem.
It cost 500 CAD and then another 88 CAD in custom charges.
I put a Corbin on my xr650l so it seems expensive but worth it if you want the most comfortable ride.

I placed the order through Marty at Corbin. He answers emails right away and gave me the option to go to a Canadian dealer for a little cheaper. I decided to pay the extra 88 dollars that I would have saved on customs and deal with him directly so there was no chance of mix ups on what I wanted. We went back and forth a couple of times on what would be possible but I stressed the widow maker styling. He emailed me copies of the order with notes on how I wanted the tail section built up to change it from the gunfighter to the widow maker design and then asked me to call him to verify if the wording was accurate. I'd recommend dealing with him because he nailed it. If you call the 1800 number you can just ask for him but here is his email [email protected]
Kenny G and Odin like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:21 PM

Garage
it's nice to know there are people out there that will do what a customer wants rather than just say "no" we can't do that, because thats not what the company says is possible.
Kenny G likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:49 AM
SLI

WOW, looks well padded, fit and finish also look excellent from the pics.

I'm sure there are some of us here (myself included) that don't find this price too bad since there's nothing else on the market for the Rebel that offers this level of support in a double seat, also considering it's a customer request and they delivered upon expectations.

I'd like more pics eventually and feedback after riding with a passenger.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page