Handel Bars - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kjeck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Handel Bars

Hi,
I am a shorter Rider (about 5'4") and thinking of maybe switching out the handle bars and recommendations for good handle bars?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 AM
SLI

I would consider trying a H2C riser before going through the hassle of swapping the entire handlebar.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 09:20 AM

Here is what I did.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,
I am a shorter Rider (about 5'4") and thinking of maybe switching out the handle bars and recommendations for good handle bars?
I am 5'2" and after much to do and some money wasted, I have gone back to the OEM handlebar WITH the H2C Riser. That seems like it did what I needed to do, which is sitting more upright and not have my arms so overstretched.

I figure I can ride until my first service and then if I am not happy I can then go to my next handlebar but will have to spend more money in cable extensions and electrical and that gets expensive!!!!

As it was I was trying to find a "Fix" and the dealership swapped my bars out BEFORE I told them what I wanted....so I can't return my other bars I bought so I bit the bullet and have them now.

As someone else posted here, I'd suggest doing the H2C riser--with the OEM bars--see what that does for you, THEN go from there.

Good luck! Honda didn't think their latest design through very well for shorter riders with shorter arms. Too bad the OEM bars are not adjustable!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
will have to spend more money in cable extensions and electrical.
I was able to put some 3" up/back risers on my wife's rebel without adding any cable lengths. The brake line can be re-run behind the fork tubes and gain a lot of length. And the other cables (electrical/clutch) seemed to have plenty of slack.
rebelwithoutacause likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page