Save me from the brick - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SLI

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Save me from the brick

Hi,

I got a grey Rebel 500, just did my 1000km maintenance, all good. I got some stuff on it, like tank grips, gear indicator, headlight cover, mussari exhaust, screen protector, but i now want to change the brick and the signals. The front signals, no problem, i bought clamps and it's easy.

For the back what i got is this nice aluminum backlight and these cheap signals (i would have bought nice aluminum once but couldnt find).

I removed the brick to take a look, and I can't figure out a way to put things together. My electrician in not very bright either )

There are 2 holes under the brick, and some sort of tail going past the grey fender. I don't want to drill the fender for the signals.

Now, what should I buy to make it easier? Are there some adapters, or a new license plate support to which i should weld some ears and to which this backlight can connect. What's the best way to proceed and have that back look good?

Thanks ,

Codrin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	25991  
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:14 PM

Garage
Codrin,

You are almost going to have to have a Honda Shop Manual for the Rebel 500 to work on the tail light and turn signals.

Roughly you start by removing the seat, and the voltage regulator. And then loosen the outer fender cover with the brick unbolted from the fender. And then you have to find the covered electrical connector for the brick & turn signals and slide the wires through the grommet in the fender and then lift the wires away from the inner fender.

Look at SLI's posting for his change of tail light, it may be helpful.

Kenny G
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
SLI

When I got rid of the brick I also had replace the rear turn signals. The Daytona rear blinkers I got from Webike Japan are made with OEM connectors and a mounting bracket that retains the use of the original brick.

This bracket (if available separately) would be perfect for your situation since you have a tail solution that reuses the brick's 2 mounting points (what I understand from reading your post).
Kenny G likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 11:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codrin Teiu View Post
Hi,

I got a grey Rebel 500, just did my 1000km maintenance, all good. I got some stuff on it, like tank grips, gear indicator, headlight cover, mussari exhaust, screen protector, but i now want to change the brick and the signals. The front signals, no problem, i bought clamps and it's easy.

For the back what i got is this nice aluminum backlight and these cheap signals (i would have bought nice aluminum once but couldnt find).

I removed the brick to take a look, and I can't figure out a way to put things together. My electrician in not very bright either )

There are 2 holes under the brick, and some sort of tail going past the grey fender. I don't want to drill the fender for the signals.

Now, what should I buy to make it easier? Are there some adapters, or a new license plate support to which i should weld some ears and to which this backlight can connect. What's the best way to proceed and have that back look good?

Thanks ,

Codrin
Check this thread out for some helpful information

https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/for...ced-brick.html

Then type the word brick in the search bar (top right of page) and read through the hundreds of posts already dedicated to this very project.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Here is the result. The post with the many options had one setup exactly with the items i bought.

I have no idea why these pics flip. I try flipping them on my laptop, still doesnt work.

If someone else reads, what you need are some rubber mounts to put under the headlight, a little expanding the hole in the number support to fix it to the fender. The signal light are where the wing bolts were.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	26143   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	26145  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version