Shipping and Parts Available - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By JimInOz
  • 2 Post By Bruno

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Shipping and Parts Available

Hey im new to the forum and to riding, just got my fist bike a cmx 500 last thursday, and I would like to know if anyone here lives in portugal or somewhere close and has ordered any visual or performance parts, im interested in gear to make it more cruiser like, I would like to know if its too expensive to order from asia and what not, and the rates of ordering from the US if its worth or not. thanks in advance for any help
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome Bruno !

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
Welcome Bruno !
Thank you
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Hey im new to the forum and to riding, just got my fist bike a cmx 500 last thursday, and I would like to know if anyone here lives in portugal or somewhere close and has ordered any visual or performance parts, im interested in gear to make it more cruiser like, I would like to know if its too expensive to order from asia and what not, and the rates of ordering from the US if its worth or not. thanks in advance for any help
Well ordering from the US is kind of pointless. There are few aftermarket parts from here. Most parts are from thailand currently which is where the bike was made.
As far as parts from the US the only real things available are the Corbin Seat, which would likely cost a lot to ship. And the TC Brothers exhaust. Steady garage also has some parts, but a lot of them are more universal style that you could probably find from closer dealers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Well ordering from the US is kind of pointless. There are few aftermarket parts from here. Most parts are from thailand currently which is where the bike was made.
As far as parts from the US the only real things available are the Corbin Seat, which would likely cost a lot to ship. And the TC Brothers exhaust. Steady garage also has some parts, but a lot of them are more universal style that you could probably find from closer dealers.
The corbin seat doesnt really call to me, imo makes the bike look cringy, on the exhaust part im looking to have a double pipe ive see a thread here on the forum with some but they seem to be self made and im way to fresh to bikes to yet know how to mod them myself, im looking for already made mods just fit in and use, we have barely anything here I mean I wanted extras on my bike like the sissy bar and so, and they didnt have it or I would have to wait months for it so I just ordered it stock, so Hows the rates and shipping taxes from thailand to europe cause im in the dark here.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The corbin seat doesnt really call to me, imo makes the bike look cringy, on the exhaust part im looking to have a double pipe ive see a thread here on the forum with some but they seem to be self made and im way to fresh to bikes to yet know how to mod them myself, im looking for already made mods just fit in and use, we have barely anything here I mean I wanted extras on my bike like the sissy bar and so, and they didnt have it or I would have to wait months for it so I just ordered it stock, so Hows the rates and shipping taxes from thailand to europe cause im in the dark here.
Here is a page with parts for the Rebel. You can add what you want to cart then click estimate shipping and put your location in. I would expect most shipping to be pretty expensive though.
Zeed Parts & Accessories
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Here is a page with parts for the Rebel. You can add what you want to cart then click estimate shipping and put your location in. I would expect most shipping to be pretty expensive though.
Zeed Parts & Accessories
1st of all thanks, and I just checked and holy 27 is the cheapest of the shipping price, im going to keep looking and see if anyone else has some closer to home alternative
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Garage
Ola Bruno,

I can't help with any of your shipping / parts problems, but wanted to say what a beautiful country Portugal is.

We just returned yesterday from two weeks in Portugal, cruising the Douro river, all the way from Porto to Barca de Alva.

Canoeing on Rio Sabor, wine tasting adventures, Portuguese custard tarts, sardines cooked over charcoal, Fado music, and my favorite, Pesticos, especially the Presunto, YUM!

Beautiful memories of an amazing part of the world.

I didn't see many bikes in Porto, mostly scooters and a few naked street bikes so I guess the market for CMX accessories in Portugal is limited. I'm sure there are options in Europe though, e.g. Hepco and Becker.

All the best with your projects.

Felicidades
Jim

(PS, that is almost the total extent of my Portuguese language skills!)
Kenny G, Benggolf, Fletch and 1 others like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInOz View Post
Ola Bruno,

I can't help with any of your shipping / parts problems, but wanted to say what a beautiful country Portugal is.

We just returned yesterday from two weeks in Portugal, cruising the Douro river, all the way from Porto to Barca de Alva.

Canoeing on Rio Sabor, wine tasting adventures, Portuguese custard tarts, sardines cooked over charcoal, Fado music, and my favorite, Pesticos, especially the Presunto, YUM!

Beautiful memories of an amazing part of the world.

I didn't see many bikes in Porto, mostly scooters and a few naked street bikes so I guess the market for CMX accessories in Portugal is limited. I'm sure there are options in Europe though, e.g. Hepco and Becker.

All the best with your projects.

Felicidades
Jim

(PS, that is almost the total extent of my Portuguese language skills!)
Hey Jim,
yeah Portugal is nice and at this time of year you should have tried our beaches they are beutifull and warm(Most of them anyway), if you ever come visit again try and search for torresmo, presunto is more from the spanish side, but torresmo is awesome and its portuguese 100%.
Im from the other side of portugal thou, in lisbon you see more bikes but they are mostly cross, street or maxis scooters, the market for customs and choppers is limited, but we have them.

Jim thanks for your reply and maybe someday ill go to australia, I would like to.
Kenny G and flyinbrianbmx like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page