Questions about new handlebars/risers! - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Cool Questions about new handlebars/risers!

Wanting to get some straight/drag bars but i don't really feel comfortable drilling holes into my rebel just yet, is there any way to make that type of bar work or is there any type of risers that i don't have to drill holes for? i am pretty tall so i would mind the reach being a little further forward anyways, I've read some people have had luck with no risers and bar end mirrors, can anyone confirm?

Also can anyone explain or link a page explaining how/where to even drill the holes? maybe its not as hard as i think, but I'm scurrrrrred!
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrianbmx View Post
Wanting to get some straight/drag bars but i don't really feel comfortable drilling holes into my rebel just yet, is there any way to make that type of bar work or is there any type of risers that i don't have to drill holes for? i am pretty tall so i would mind the reach being a little further forward anyways, I've read some people have had luck with no risers and bar end mirrors, can anyone confirm?

Also can anyone explain or link a page explaining how/where to even drill the holes? maybe its not as hard as i think, but I'm scurrrrrred!
If you get the honda risers you won't need to drill them or the bike. But if you add new handle bars you will probably have to drill them to attach the throttle assembly unless you again buy the Honda H2C drag bars.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
If you get the honda risers you won't need to drill them or the bike. But if you add new handle bars you will probably have to drill them to attach the throttle assembly unless you again buy the Honda H2C drag bars.
so just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly if i get both the h2c risers and the h2c drag bars there's no drilling just simple unscrew and screw in install? also how hard is it to take off the throttle and grips from the stock bars?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
so just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly if i get both the h2c risers and the h2c drag bars there's no drilling just simple unscrew and screw in install? also how hard is it to take off the throttle and grips from the stock bars?
I am 100% sure on the risers, I am only 75% sure on the handle bars. I bought a different brand handle bar and I had to drill mine.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am 100% sure on the risers, I am only 75% sure on the handle bars. I bought a different brand handle bar and I had to drill mine.
was it hard to drill? and also is it hard to take off the throttle and whatnot off stock bars? I've never done it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
also did you have to get new cables or anything?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
also did you have to get new cables or anything?
Drilling was very easy. Removing throttle was easy as well. What was a bit hard is the grips. If you are changing them that is fine, but if you plan on keeping the same grips it will be a pain. With the H2C parts you will not need new cables.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Drilling was very easy. Removing throttle was easy as well. What was a bit hard is the grips. If you are changing them that is fine, but if you plan on keeping the same grips it will be a pain. With the H2C parts you will not need new cables.
so i should just order some new grips?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Garage
Not meaning to put you down, but if you have to ask so many questions about modding a set of bars my advice is to find a mate/neighbour with the skills and get them to do it.

This will also give you a chance to learn without stuffing anything up.

Check local bike groups to see if they have meets, get to make friends, use their experience.

If that's not possible, get a bike shop to do it for you, and see if they'll let you be there so you can see what goes on, once again, part of learning.

I've seen some disasters created by people who mean well, but don't really know what they're buying or what they're doing.
Opel likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInOz View Post
Not meaning to put you down, but if you have to ask so many questions about modding a set of bars my advice is to find a mate/neighbour with the skills and get them to do it.
I thought that is part of the reason that the forum exists in the first place was to be a safe place to ask questions. You can't learn without asking questions and doing things once you get the answer.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page