Honda Rebel Colour - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
View Poll Results: Which Honda Rebel appeals to you the most?
Black 8 30.77%
White 3 11.54%
Red 3 11.54%
Blue 0 0%
Yellow 1 3.85%
Grey 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Honda Rebel Colour

Was having a discussion about colour with someone and thought it would be interesting to see what Rebel owners think. I have a white, but mentioned that I would have liked a black one. Person with whom I was speaking preferred the grey. What do people here think?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:51 AM

I love the yellow. I think it goes well with black. Blue is a nice colour too.

BUT I don't like to just have the tank colourfull (yellow). Other bits of the bike should be matching. As it is the none-black ones look like there is a slug sitting on top of a bike. Like those brain slugs in Futurama.

Available here was grey, black and red. So I took the black one because it looked the best. The red one (apart from the red slug) has grey fenders...WTH?

Honda makes other bikes in colours and the only reason I can think of why they didn't do the rebel properly (like the cb/cbr/grom/etc) is to save money and that they thought that people would customise the bleep out of them anyway.

I think it's a shame and I would love to have a colourfull bike. I rather dislike black. It's boring and you can see every little speck of dust and scratch.
hammad.khan and Odin like this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondora View Post
I love the yellow. I think it goes well with black. Blue is a nice colour too.

BUT I don't like to just have the tank colourfull (yellow). Other bits of the bike should be matching. As it is the none-black ones look like there is a slug sitting on top of a bike. Like those brain slugs in Futurama.

Available here was grey, black and red. So I took the black one because it looked the best. The red one (apart from the red slug) has grey fenders...WTH?

Honda makes other bikes in colours and the only reason I can think of why they didn't do the rebel properly (like the cb/cbr/grom/etc) is to save money and that they thought that people would customise the bleep out of them anyway.

I think it's a shame and I would love to have a colourfull bike. I rather dislike black. It's boring and you can see every little speck of dust and scratch.

To each their own I suppose. I actually like the blacked out look with a coloured tank only.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 07:18 AM

Garage
I have the black and went further by getting fork boots and pipes to cover the little chrome it does have. The completely blacked out look is what I'm after so this worked a treat.
Having said that, I really like the electric blue that the 2018 model comes in. They look sweeeeet.
hammad.khan likes this.

Fletch

668 The Neighbour of the Beast
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Banned

Grey should be changed to Silver as the stock color is a matte silver, not a boring grey.

But I liked the blacked out and muted tone of the Rebel with minimal accents, but in my opinion I think Honda should have been a bit more consistent with the parts painted across the board.

For example:
Red = Red tank only and a greyish black matte on the tail
Black = Gloss black on tail and tank
Blue = blue tank only and a greyish black matte on the tail
Silver = matte silver on tail and tank
White = matte white on tank only and a greyish black matte on the tail
Yellow = matte yellow on tank only and a greyish black matte on the tail (I see images of yellow bikes, but is not a color option on the Honda site for 2017 or 2018)

Personally it was between the black and silver for me, if Black would have come in a matte finish I would have chose that instead of the silver
hammad.khan likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 04:30 PM

Garage
what Hondora and tech said, the reason i went with the silver over the blue was because they painted the fender to match.
why they didn't do that with every color...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 AM

I wanted white but they only offered it on the 300. I have yellow but will be painting the tank white.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by illec View Post
I wanted white but they only offered it on the 300. I have yellow but will be painting the tank white.
Oh... Hope you're planning on removing the old paint first then, otherwise you'll have a lovely glow of yellow underneath that white..!

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko View Post
Oh... Hope you're planning on removing the old paint first then, otherwise you'll have a lovely glow of yellow underneath that white..!
I should've been more clear, I'll be plasti-dipping the tank. Want more of a matte finish anyway. I figure a coat or two of black as a base should tone down the yellow so it wont show through. We'll see though lol.
Lyoko likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illec View Post
I should've been more clear, I'll be plasti-dipping the tank. Want more of a matte finish anyway. I figure a coat or two of black as a base should tone down the yellow so it wont show through. We'll see though lol.
plasti-dip is thick enough you shouldnt need to put black on first, you should be putting like 3-4 coats of plasti-dip on anyway, that should be fine.
illec likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page