K-Speed Questions - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Question K-Speed Questions

I just got my bike a week ago, and I was looking for some aftermarket parts for future purchase and through a few posts here saw K-Speed mentioned several times. Prices seem reasonable, but I'm unsure how to purchase from them or what the experience is like for a customer in the US to deal with a Thai company. I'm really just looking for information on how to best do business with them and any good/bad feedback anyone has if they have done business with them.

PS. If this post is in the wrong spot I apologize I didn't really know where this post should be put.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
A fair few members have successfully ordered from them from overseas.
When you call or email them, speak or write very basic English to them.
Confirm twice everything about your order & ask for a tracking number.

Iíve purchased from them many times without problems but as I live here the ordering process is different, I have a Thai bank acc & make the transaction through Line app

Iím sure if you wait, youíll get some advisory postings good or bad & the ordering method from other members.
Just remember, as these type of accessories are cheaper than in your home country, you get what you pay for.
Kenny G likes this.

Twizz
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My biggest issue is that I'm really not seeing anyplace else that has 2017+ Rebel parts, aside from universal parts which imo look like garbage. The main parts I was looking at from K-Speed are the fairing, headlight cowl, and radiator guard.

Being in the US I didn't really understand the instructions on their website for payment, it mentions a bank but I've never paid with anything aside from my credit card or paypal so it was a bit confusing.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsniffer View Post
My biggest issue is that I'm really not seeing anyplace else that has 2017+ Rebel parts, aside from universal parts which imo look like garbage. The main parts I was looking at from K-Speed are the fairing, headlight cowl, and radiator guard.

Being in the US I didn't really understand the instructions on their website for payment, it mentions a bank but I've never paid with anything aside from my credit card or paypal so it was a bit confusing.
I believe Zeedparts.com sells a lot of their stuff and I remember hearing ordering was easier with them somewhere on here. There should also be K-Speed parts on eBay. That's where I bought my headlight cowl from so I can just pay with PayPal.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:45 AM

I ordered an underpan fairing on ebay from thailand last week (K-Speed part).
I live in Illinois, so once it's in I can give you a report on how the shipping and transaction went.
01-7700 likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskafff View Post
I believe Zeedparts.com sells a lot of their stuff and I remember hearing ordering was easier with them somewhere on here. There should also be K-Speed parts on eBay. That's where I bought my headlight cowl from so I can just pay with PayPal.
The issue I see with the parts on Ebay is that they are twice the cost
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:58 AM

Well I feel kinda stupid now...Turns out I did pay twice the price going through Ebay.
Lesson learned

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill181 View Post
Well I feel kinda stupid now...Turns out I did pay twice the price going through Ebay.
Lesson learned
Ah, but most likely on ebay the shipping is included in the price. It ain't included on for example on zeeds or k-speed's sites, it's gets added to the total at the checkout, and then you wound up at the same price as the ebay price anyway...
dollarbill181 likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You can work out an estimate of the shipping cost, but youíll have to guesstimate the weight.
Thailand post, then hit calculate fee, key in destination & weight.
You want to be looking at the EMS World Packet.

Example: 5kg to the USA would be 4000 baht

The parts maybe cheaper than eBay or maybe not, but I have seen some ridiculously high shipping fees on eBay for accessories that are from here. Itís a trick to push the item price up by quoting/using a high shipping cost of which the vendor prob only pays half of what you see on the listing to send.
Some research & comparisons is the key, prior to buying anything online!

?????? ??????????? ????? Thailandpost
Lyoko likes this.

Twizz
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko View Post
Ah, but most likely on ebay the shipping is included in the price. It ain't included on for example on zeeds or k-speed's sites, it's gets added to the total at the checkout, and then you wound up at the same price as the ebay price anyway...
You may be right, but I'm also well aware that there is a large population of scammers on Ebay so it's sometimes very hard to tell whats legit and whats not, especially when you're new to all this like I am. Generally speaking, I like to buy from reputable retail stores, direct from mfg etc just trying to minimize bad experiences or scams.

The biggest heartbreak for me right now is knowing how huge the Rebel modding arena is worldwide... just not really for the 2017+ models yet. Mostly I'm trying to become informed so I can make smart choices if/when/where I decide to buy.

I appreciate all the feedback, just trying to make sense of how to understand what I'm buying and how to buy from small dealers like K-Speed in countries that aren't the easiest to do transactions with when I'm from the US heh.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page