Available in Thailand - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Available in Thailand

Looking at some Thai webpages it seems the Rebel is already on sale there. I assume from this that they are built there? Anyway there are some very interesting and some strange mods already done.

The facebook page shows the most - https://www.facebook.com/Honda-Rebel...5474489988425/

Since this bike is sold there, many afternarket parts will start showing up for the Rebel. If you are unaware modding motorcycles is huge in Thailand and there are many local companies that make parts. Getting them here is the hard part.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 07:10 PM

Thai owners never fail to impress. Seen what they did to Honda Grom's and now someone turned a 500 into a cafe racer:

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 PM

Those guys are seriously creative. I do love the amount of work gone into them but I feel they're just not what it should be. Need to retain that sweeping body line.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Those guys are seriously creative. I do love the amount of work gone into them but I feel they're just not what it should be. Need to retain that sweeping body line.
Well that's all perception and depending on how you look at it, and what your goals are in customizing a bike, will dictate what's right to you.

Me personally I like that whole hybrid of a cafe look with modern lines which this Rebel 500 is a prime example of. Oddly enough a cafe that looks too classic is not a good thing for me.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Some of the Thai mods are cool and others are just plain weird. But one thing I do like is that many have a raised seat. My #1 dislike with the new rebel is how low the seat is. My prefered seat height is 29-30 inches. According to Honda the Rebel's seat is 27.2 inches, so all I need is an extra 2 inches. A slight lift to the rear suspension and/or a thicker/higher mounted seat and it should fit me just right.

On the appearance side the Rebel looks very off in the space between the engine and the front wheel. Crash bars would help and several of the customs I have seen have small fairings that also fill that empty. I am not a big fan of the total removal of the rear fender that seems very popular with these modded Rebels however.

One thing about Thailand is that there are several aftermarket parts companies over there. So many parts will be available for the Rebel. Getting them into the states may be a problem though.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 PM

Out of the three rendering, the Cafe Racer looks the best and the rear seems to be lifted a bit or it could be due to the missing rear fender. Oddly enough, it reminds me of a Beemer.

What would be interesting is for someone to just remove the rear fender from the stock bike. The seat would look like it's floating and that reminds me of Bobbers.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Here are some more customs from Thailand. Those guys over there have been busy.

Cara Honda Mempromosikan Honda Rebel 500 dengan Ide Custom

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Some more finds.

I just hope these inspire owners elsewhere in the world to take on a similar route. But very often when American owners get their hands on these, they stay relatively stock.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 10:27 PM

Darn.... now these are definitely giving me something to really look at. There are certain aspects from each that I really would like to put together and create my ultimate rebel. That orange one reminds me of the Repsol color scheme though and I really don't like it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:46 PM

Thai customs

Having bought tons of parts and pieces for my PCX, much of it comes from Thailand. Hardly notice the difference except a little extra time. Lots of free shipping as well. Perfect for modern day eBay.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page