• 1 Post By dutchman
  • 2 Post By AB82
  • 1 Post By Kenny G
  • 1 Post By Lyoko

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Lean angle?

anyone know the exact lean angle in degrees?
Old 01-10-2018, 07:47 PM

Garage
Sorry man, I don't. However, I've never successfully dragged any part of the bike. And I've tried...mostly doing slow speed u-turn and figure-eight practice. For a naked-hybrid-cruiser, the clearance is exceptional.
Kenny G likes this.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm completely happy with the rebels lean angle.

The reason i'm asking is because i'm looking into upgrading into a bigger engine cruiser one day, in the most likely far future.

If I bought a Harley Sportster or a Victory Octane(both ideal upgrades) for instance, and the lean angle was significantly less then the rebels. It would be hard to bare. I love the agility the rebel has and If I can't duplicate it in another cruiser, I might have to look into something sportier.

I have rode a Harley Street 500(a rival and a bike in the exact same class as the rebel) and the lean angle was HORRIBLE! Scraped the **** out of the side of it first time on(Good thing it was in motorcycle training and the trainers didn't care).

Would not recommend that bike to anyone who likes a bit of lean.
Kenny G likes this.

Last edited by dutchman; 01-10-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:04 PM

Garage
I always look at like this for a rough base line. I measure from foot peg to foot peg, then the clearance height from the center of both pegs to the ground. If the next bike is the same then the lean angle must be roughly close to the same. If the distance from peg to peg measurement increases then you will get less lean angle unless the clearance increases. Like wise if the clearance is smaller then it will also decrease your lean angle. And so on and so forth. Best demo. grab two popsicle sticks and hot glue them in to a church cross and flip it up side down and lean it over, then trim off the edges and you will see it leans more, cool science thing.
Kenny G and dutchman like this.

AB82
Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
I'm completely happy with the rebels lean angle.

The reason i'm asking is because i'm looking into upgrading into a bigger engine cruiser one day, in the most likely far future.

If I bought a Harley Sportster or a Victory Octane(both ideal upgrades) for instance, and the lean angle was significantly less then the rebels. It would be hard to bare. I love the agility the rebel has and If I can't duplicate it in another cruiser, I might have to look into something sportier.

I have rode a Harley Street 500(a rival and a bike in the exact same class as the rebel) and the lean angle was HORRIBLE! Scraped the **** out of the side of it first time on(Good thing it was in motorcycle training and the trainers didn't care).

Would not recommend that bike to anyone who likes a bit of lean.
Dutch,

Try test riding the new Harley Sportster called the Roadster. It looks tall enough for a full sized male and has center controls, and upside down forks....

Kenny G
dutchman likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Heh.. I've scraped the pegs 2-3 times, each time during left turn in a roundabout...
dutchman likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500