Ebay Seat? Anyone try it? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Ebay Seat? Anyone try it?

I see there is a new seat available on ebay. Has anyone tried it?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Rebel...tZz5U8&vxp=mtr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	11746  
Devin and mrded like this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 07:17 PM

Looking good. I hope to find a place there I can go and try multiple seats, then buy one. They all looking good, on pictures.
Kenny G and FLrebel like this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I think I have seen this seat for a lot cheaper on zedparts.com, but its not there anymore.. I was thinking to get one but there are far too little information and 0 rewievs about it, so I am waiting on someone braver than me
Kenny G, FLrebel and ChozoGod like this.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM

@shortyg I have of those seats and I personally benefited from it a lot. They passing on their passenger portion is very comfy. I had an issue where my glutes didn't like the stock seat because of the frame bar behind the seat. It's a much cheaper option than a Corbin seat, but if you have the money, go with the cord Corbin.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
lol no dont get stuff from ebay. Honda Rebel CMX 300 500 Replacement Seat Double -V1 Motozaaa
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:29 PM

I am actually very interested in this seat, i love the look of it. But like mentioned earlier there are no reviews of it.

ChozoGod, would you be able to post pictures of what it looks like on your bike compared to the stock seat? Do a quick review of the padding? Thickness of seat/foam for both driver and passenger, how soft/hard it is, build quality, etc???

Would be much appreciated!
ChozoGod likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM

I got one of this, but without a passenger seat. I think it's really good. The only thing I'm worrying about - it doesn't have rubber pads inside, so potentially may scratch paint.

I'll let you know how is it going. So far I like it a lot. It doesn't look cheap at all.
ChozoGod likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:31 PM

ChozoGod likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 PM

I will be ordering one , as well as headlight cowl and belly pan cowl . $480 us shipped for all 3 is very reasonable .... although its gonna take 2-3 weeks to get here . lol
Oh well , good things come to those who wait
ChozoGod likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boki View Post
I am actually very interested in this seat, i love the look of it. But like mentioned earlier there are no reviews of it.

ChozoGod, would you be able to post pictures of what it looks like on your bike compared to the stock seat? Do a quick review of the padding? Thickness of seat/foam for both driver and passenger, how soft/hard it is, build quality, etc???

Would be much appreciated!
I am on travel right now and can't take pictures. But I can tell you about seat: It is definitely not as soft as the stock seat. I had to get a different seat because my glutes would rest on the metal bar behind the seat and it would cause major pain after 30 minutes of riding. Originally, I was going to go for a Corbin until I saw the 450 dollar price tag. Went with the Motozaa one instead, and I kinda regret getting it. It looks really good on the bike, but it is not as comfortable as I would like it to have been. The passenger side on the other hand has a lot of padding. About 4 times as much as the rider portion. Build quality is decent. It is from overseas so you get what you pay for. There is also not small notches under the seat like the stock one where you can put your manual, registration, insurance and tools. To be completely honest, I would much rather have had paid the 450 dollars for the Corbin. But live and learn, I guess.
Kenny G likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page