7Likes
  • 4 Post By CueBaller
  • 1 Post By bajonett
  • 1 Post By CueBaller
  • 1 Post By dispo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Security

I have searched but couldnt find a topic about security installments so I tought I open one.. Please apologise If somehow I missed an existing thread..

So when I purchased the bike I was asking the dealership (Chiswick Honda, London) to install gps tracker (biketrac) but they said that is not possible due to lack of space. I am searching for similar device ever since..
Has any of you installed any kind of alarm/gps tracker on the Rebel? If so, where? I am currently looking at this, but not sure as it lacks reviews and also fitting under the seat might be an isue due to the required "face up to the sky) positioning for the sake of clear gps signal.. :
MONIMOTO SMART MOTORCYCLE ALARM - Urban Rider London

So in overall: what type of security solutions do you guys have?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 PM

I have a locked garage, 3 dogs, and lots of guns lol.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
I have a locked garage, 3 dogs, and lots of guns lol.
...thats it? No wife standing next to the bike with a big heavy cooking pot 24/7? lol
Lyoko likes this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajonett View Post
...thats it? No wife standing next to the bike with a big heavy cooking pot 24/7? lol
She has her own guns lol.
zohararad likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 07:29 PM

When garaged I use a ground anchor (Kryptonite Strong Hold) and 12mm chains (Mammoth Security) as well as an Oxford Boss 14mm disc lock through the rear sprocket.
When out and about I take the disc lock with me and again use on the rear sprocket. (Based on being told that rear wheel locks make theft tougher than on the front wheel).

I thought about GPS trackers but that's as far as I got.
bajonett likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 AM

I actually have a GPS tracker that's hooked to a 24/7 quick response service in case of theft.

There was some space issue that prevented the service provider from installing the more advanced model, but I know of at least two service providers here in Israel that will install a GPS tracker for the Rebel.

Alas, the tracker is most likely proprietary so I can't say what model it is.

I'm sure you can get something off eBay that'll connect to an app on your phone though if that's any help.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Monimoto smart alarm :
http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/monimoto...cle-alarm.html

After a bit of searching I just purchased this device as I didn't have any alarm on my bike, so here are my thoughts for those considering to get an alarm or a tracker (sorry for the imperfect english) :

The device has two compartments, the main unit and a key fob. It comes with a sim card which works in all EU countries, otherwise any other sim can be used.
After placing the batteries in both, following the app to pair them, ready to go. No wiring needed, I have simply placed the main unit under the seat.
When it detects movement it starts searching for the key fob and if found then it stays "ready" mode, keep silently listening. If the fob(the owner) is away more then 10m then in case of movement it goes to "alarm" mode and send an automatic call to the registered owner.. This is done after like 30-40sec after the movement. I left the key in my house then just lifted the bike a bit, it worked every time precisely.
After the call given, it provides the gps coordinates every 4-5 minutes.
The batteries are replaceable, lifetime is around a year or so, depending on how often goes to alarm mode (gps drains can be pretty drastic).

This device cost 150 in Uk, first 2 months are free then around 3 per month and it includes international roaming (within EU, but you can use other sim)

It is not a real time gps tracker, it's more like a silent alarm which best for notifying you if your bike is on the move and I think it's pretty good for what it is considering how easy to set it up and use ..
I would definitely recommend

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page