Hey, how does one do that exactly? A quick run down for beginners would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
To rotate the bars?
- Remove the gauge cluster (2 allen head bolts facing the front of the bike) to gain better access to the stem bolts.
- Loosen the 4 allen head bolts on the stem where the bars are held in place.
- Adjust bars to desired position.
- Re-tighten stem bolts and re-attach gauge cluster.
- If needed, loosen the allen head bolts on the levers to adjust their angle if you are not comfortable with them after the bars are rotated.
A few extra tips:
Be careful not to strip the bolts when removing, they are not the strongest. Don't force it while trying to loosen them. Make sure your allen wrench has a nice tight fit, and if they are being stubborn try tapping the allen wrench to help break the bolt loose rather than leaning on it harder.
Be careful not to strip the stem bolts when re-tightening. They don't need to be cranked down insanely tight, just make sure they're tight and nothing is moving. For re-install on parts like these I like to use a short length allen wrench to help keep me from torquing them down too hard.
If you have a 300 I'd re-check the bolts after a few rides to make sure everything is still tight since they vibrate so much. Especially on a 300, that's probably a good thing to do any time you work on the bike.