Installing a Denali Powerhub2 fuse block on my Rebel 500.. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyoko

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installing a Denali Powerhub2 fuse block on my Rebel 500..

I want to install a fuse block so that I can better manage my accessories. Right now, I have a battery tender and an alarm.. I'll be getting a phone charger soon, additional lights for safety, and if all goes as planned, I'll be riding in the winter in D.C., so maybe heated gloves -Bbbrrrrr- (I'll make sure the sum of these don't overload the battery)

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get this done and got stuck on this: Use the “Posi-Tap” to tap the yellow wire to a switched 12V power source on your motorcycle. I think I get how to do it.. it's the where that gives me trouble. For example, I don't want to "tap" into anything that would risk my safety should something go wrong such as headlights, break lights, etc... so I decided the front right turn signal (though now I don't recall if it has enough power). I also saw a video of someone putting a wire directly into a fuse "the quick and easy way".. but that didn't seem safe, so I don't want to do that either.

So, first question... any opinions on whether the front turn signal is the best choice? Secondly, any advice on how I would go about locating that wire would be helpful.. I checked out the wiring diagram and researched how to read it (ha!) but it started getting late so I had to stop (at least that's my excuse for being overwhelmed!). I want to learn how to read it, but something tells me it'll take a while to get it down and I don't want to wait to install my fuse block because right now, my alarm and battery tender are both disconnected.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 09:55 PM

There's a spare circuit on your existing fuse block. Throw a fuse in and go. Well you will have to wire it from below first.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
You know, there is 1 plug/connection in the headlight that you can pull power from, and one underneat the gas tank. Why not use what's already there?

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
You know, there is 1 plug/connection in the headlight that you can pull power from, and one underneat the gas tank. Why not use what's already there?
I was afraid to pull from something important like headlights or break lights because if something goes wrong, I don't want to find myself in a precarious situation while on the road. The one underneath the gas tank, is that also to the headlight, or something else? And thanks, BTW..

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Author Unknown (though often attributed to Mark Twain)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
There's a spare circuit on your existing fuse block. Throw a fuse in and go. Well you will have to wire it from below first.
Thanks! I'll research and look into this method.. this is going to be interesting

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Author Unknown (though often attributed to Mark Twain)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiRaven View Post
I was afraid to pull from something important like headlights or break lights because if something goes wrong, I don't want to find myself in a precarious situation while on the road. The one underneath the gas tank, is that also to the headlight, or something else? And thanks, BTW..
Well, I haven't gotten my head around to figuring out where/what either plug draws it's power from. But seeing as both are utility sockets meant for powering stuff, they ought to have their own fuse, and sould not directly impose on any other devices, such as lights and etc.
Don't take my word for it thou, at this point.
Kenny G likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page