Throttle slop. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shortyg83

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Throttle slop.

My throttle has easy to much free play currently. I haven't measured it yet, but it is certainly more than the 2-3mm Honda recommends.

Today im going to tighten the cable to fix that. Im just curious who else has the same issue. The way it sits now i have to turn the the throttle almost 25% before it actually pulls the cable. Made the first two days of riding a bit jerky since it caused way to much free play and guessing.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 09:48 PM

Mine is perfect. Maybe that's one of those things the dealer installs, because they may also be installing the handlebars? Not real sure what a bike looks like in a crate.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
Mine is perfect. Maybe that's one of those things the dealer installs, because they may also be installing the handlebars? Not real sure what a bike looks like in a crate.
I actually got to open the bike at the dealership. It was fully assembled besides the mirrors and battery. But it is possible they were suppose to adjust throttle slack.
Jet noise likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I actually got to open the bike at the dealership. It was fully assembled besides the mirrors and battery. But it is possible they were suppose to adjust throttle slack.
One dealer quoted me $700 for "prep". So now that sounds even more ridiculous then it did when I thought they were putting a fair amount of it together.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Mine was sloppy as well. I adjusted it after my first ride.... now its perfect. I prefer no play at all and I was able to achieve it with the rebel 500.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
One dealer quoted me $700 for "prep". So now that sounds even more ridiculous then it did when I thought they were putting a fair amount of it together.
Yea when we opened the box I was surprised to see a fully assembled bike. There was one small box inside the crate with the bike that I assume had the battery and mirrors in it. I assume they are suppose to go over the bike and maybe add fluids.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page