Throttle slop. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shortyg83
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Throttle slop.

My throttle has easy to much free play currently. I haven't measured it yet, but it is certainly more than the 2-3mm Honda recommends.

Today im going to tighten the cable to fix that. Im just curious who else has the same issue. The way it sits now i have to turn the the throttle almost 25% before it actually pulls the cable. Made the first two days of riding a bit jerky since it caused way to much free play and guessing.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 221
Mine is perfect. Maybe that's one of those things the dealer installs, because they may also be installing the handlebars? Not real sure what a bike looks like in a crate.
Djdavies is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
Mine is perfect. Maybe that's one of those things the dealer installs, because they may also be installing the handlebars? Not real sure what a bike looks like in a crate.
I actually got to open the bike at the dealership. It was fully assembled besides the mirrors and battery. But it is possible they were suppose to adjust throttle slack.
Jet noise likes this.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I actually got to open the bike at the dealership. It was fully assembled besides the mirrors and battery. But it is possible they were suppose to adjust throttle slack.
One dealer quoted me $700 for "prep". So now that sounds even more ridiculous then it did when I thought they were putting a fair amount of it together.
Djdavies is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 6
Mine was sloppy as well. I adjusted it after my first ride.... now its perfect. I prefer no play at all and I was able to achieve it with the rebel 500.
sx3surf is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
One dealer quoted me $700 for "prep". So now that sounds even more ridiculous then it did when I thought they were putting a fair amount of it together.
Yea when we opened the box I was surprised to see a fully assembled bike. There was one small box inside the crate with the bike that I assume had the battery and mirrors in it. I assume they are suppose to go over the bike and maybe add fluids.
shortyg83 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome