Rebel 300 Highway Riding - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By hammad.khan
  • 2 Post By SC48
  • 1 Post By dsctr3

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Rebel 300 Highway Riding

Nice to be back on this forum after a long break. Just thought I'd clarify something for all who might be considering a 300. Although I now think the 500 would be a much better forever bike, the 300 handles really well on the highway. I do 115-120km/h on Canadian highways now in my commute to work/school and the bike handles really well. There is also some juice left to pass.

Negatives: seat is really uncomfortable, vibrations are pretty high wind direction and force affect riding somewhat.

As a whole, the 300 on the highway is perfectly suitable.
Kenny G and dsctr3 like this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 PM

You don't "do" 115 120...

You mean you HEARD that a friend of yours has done that...lol, never admit to breaking the speed limit.

I agree, I think the 300 is a capable machine. I thought for a while I want to upgrade to the 500, but I'm glad I gave it a shot and stuck to the 300. Once you get a feel for it and learn it's peak points, it's awesome and plenty to get by for my needs. I'm not racing anyone, nor do I care to.

There are plenty of seat options to choose from that offer more comfort. There's been lots of threads on that on this forum. You'll have to live with the vibration, it's just the way it is. As for the wind, I find putting a knee out to counter drag really helps keep it in a straight line.
Kenny G and dsctr3 like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Garage
I have 300. It's a great small bike,for riding around town, the county roads and an occasional ride on the freeway when needed. No regrets not getting a 500.
Kenny G likes this.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page