Musarri GP Street Series Slip-on Exhaust (vibration?) - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Daniel Ly
  • 1 Post By SLI

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Musarri GP Street Series Slip-on Exhaust (vibration?)

Hi all,

I recently got the Musarri GP Street Series Slip-on Exhaust and I love the sound and look of it! Unfortunately, I started to feel a lot more vibration than the stock exhaust. My feet, rear, and hands feel very tingly after a 40 min ride into work. I'm thinking of swapping back to the stock exhaust now

Does anyone else experience this? or is there a way to stop the vibration?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:22 AM

Garage
I have the same exhaust but no vibrations? Is the gasket in right and are bracket and clip secured correctly?

Rebelwithoutacause
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Oh you do? Yeah I didn't read any reviews of this happening which is why I'm surprised by it. Yeah, I didn't remove the silencer and I think I put it on right? I put the exhaust into the header (didn't slide it in all the way) and lined it up to the bolt hole on the side then used the ring to clamp it down. Should i try tightening everything again?
Kenny G likes this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:20 PM

I have the same exhaust and haven't had any issues either. Be careful with the exhaust clamp, I broke mine tightening it back down after trying to move it to a better position where the bolt wouldn't show and had to use the original exhaust clamp...which ended up looking better anyways.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Ly View Post
Hi all,

I recently got the Musarri GP Street Series Slip-on Exhaust and I love the sound and look of it! Unfortunately, I started to feel a lot more vibration than the stock exhaust. My feet, rear, and hands feel very tingly after a 40 min ride into work. I'm thinking of swapping back to the stock exhaust now

Does anyone else experience this? or is there a way to stop the vibration?
DO you have the 300 or 500? I have the 500 and had quite a bit of vibration and numb fingers after about an hour ride as well. I changed grips and bars and that helped a lot. I have since installed the Musarri as well and have no vibration issues.

2017 CMX 500
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:07 AM
SLI

Same for me, the clamp that came with the Musarri exhaust was flimsy. After it broke at 3000 km when the threads seized on the nut.
I had to bend the tabs straight on the original clamp and use that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Browning View Post
I have the same exhaust and haven't had any issues either. Be careful with the exhaust clamp, I broke mine tightening it back down after trying to move it to a better position where the bolt wouldn't show and had to use the original exhaust clamp...which ended up looking better anyways.
Kenny G likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:21 AM

I haven't expeirenced this yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page