Viking Saddlebags & TBR Exhaust on 2017 Rebel - Page 2 - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

I have the DB killer. It'll slightly deepen the tone, but not lower the overall loudness unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the sound with the DB killer? Still just as good with or without? So far no neighbor complaints, but then again I keep the revs as low as possible while riding out. I do get a lot of looks from ppl/pedestrians in the streets before I even pass them. Cars also now move over well before I get to them when lane splitting, which was my main goal, safety wise anyway. Lol! I just don't want to be "that guy," the ahole with the obnoxiously loud exhaust rolling down the street. Hahaha!!
Kenny G likes this.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:17 AM

I prefer the sound with the DB killer. Lowers the frequency and slightly deepens the tone. BUT...it's still really loud. So if you're okay with the tone you have now, I'd say save your money. You'll only notice a drop in decibel if you're using some sort of decibel reader. Not enough of a drop to tell with your ears in my opinion.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM
CDL

Pinlock earplugs - greatly reduces wind noise in a 3/4 helmet and tones down the TBR. I can still talk to the gas attendant and hear other important sounds. Try them.

2018 Rebel 500
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDL View Post
Pinlock earplugs - greatly reduces wind noise in a 3/4 helmet and tones down the TBR. I can still talk to the gas attendant and hear other important sounds. Try them.
when i read your post about gas attendant I immediately thought "they must live in Jersey" LOL
hate having to stop for gas there if i'm driving through...
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2018 KTM Duke 390
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:05 AM

I have the TBR with dB killer on my Rebel. To say it is loud is an understatement! Definitely recommend earplugs, especially on the highway.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page