Is a TBR exhaust safe for a Rebel 300? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By toast
  • 1 Post By dollarbill181

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Is a TBR exhaust safe for a Rebel 300?

Im just trying to find outif installing a TBR exhaust will have any negative long term effects on my R300, considering it deletes the cat. I haven’t found any useful info in regards to this. Thanks.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 PM

I bought my 300A used with a TBR already installed on it. I’ve never noticed a problem with it yet other then an occasional pop from the muffler if I run rpm high before shifting up a gear. Bike has 2700 miles, 800 are mine if that matters to your decision to install.
Kenny G and R80rt like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

I actually have a TBR exhaust. I installed it and noticed a power loss. Currently running stock again, but mainly because the clamp they sent with it was broken on arrival. The bolt on it was stripped in the middle and would not tighten any further even though the clamp was still very loose
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 10:51 PM

I have roughly 5,500 miles on my 17 rebel 300. I'd say the TBR has been on for the last 2-3k miles. So far no issues other than being excessively loud even with a baffle.

If highway riding is on your agenda I'd recommend staying stock and drilling some holes in it if you want sound.
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:21 PM

Hi all - new on the forum. 2019 R300. I love it, and have about a 1000kms (yup, Canadian) on it in less than 2 weeks. I'm used to loud exhausts on HEMIs, so naturally I got a tbr on the way and was wondering the same as OP - sorry OP, not trying to hijack your thread lol!

Did anyone actually have to run a tune on their 300 for TBR (or any slip on for that matter)? For those who commented about having it on for X K miles, any noticeable difference when idling?irregular? Or dead spots when pulling away?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
I bought my 300A used with a TBR already installed on it. I’ve never noticed a problem with it yet other then an occasional pop from the muffler if I run rpm high before shifting up a gear. Bike has 2700 miles, 800 are mine if that matters to your decision to install.
Are you able to elaborate on this pop? Unburnt fuel maybe? Any engine light displaying? Thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Garage
The pop is probably from the PAIR valve, it does it with the stock muffler too, but you can't hear it with the stock can.

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool.

2018 Rebel 500
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC48 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Are you able to elaborate on this pop? Unburnt fuel maybe? Any engine light displaying? Thanks!
A very small backfire. No lights display and no noticeable affect on bike or power. Can’t say if it’s lost power like comment above as this was on when I got it and I haven’t put stock back on ever.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page