Purchasing 2 bikes at once question - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Purchasing 2 bikes at once question

I tried searching the forums for this but I was unable to locate a previous thread, so if this has been covered a link would be great.

My husband and I are each looking to purchase bikes. We have done some initial shopping and visited a few dealerships to look at makes/models. I am a new rider and he is experienced, but it has been years since he owned a bike. I am 5’4” 125lbs. and am finding that a large selection of bikes are just too large for me, but the Rebel feels like it “fits” when I get on. He was looking at a Shadow at first, but got on the Rebel I was looking at and changed his mind.(he is 5’10” 200lbs.) I will be using the bike as a daily commuter, but we want to have bikes for riding on weekends. We live in the PNW and our area seems tailor made for a beautiful ride. We looked at getting used bikes, but the selection in smaller cruisers in our area is horrible.

My question(s) are, does anyone have any experience buying 2 bikes at once?
• Any deals with a dealership purchasing as a package? Extras like parts, gear, etc. able to be thrown in?
• Experience with using Costco in Seattle/South Sound area to purchase bikes?
• We see 1 or 2 500 ABS here and there, but have not seen 2 at the same dealership. Should we grab the ones we see at separate dealerships (sometimes hours from where we live)? Or order? (and how long is that taking?)

I know that is allot and thank you all in advance.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:22 PM

Garage
I could be wrong, but Ride Motorsport in Woodinville last I was in carries like 2-3 Rebels. You may want to give them a call and see if they have more than one ABS on hand. That's where I bought mine, I live in Monroe but lived in Kirkland when I bought it. They even delivered it to my apartment on a truck for me when I bought it. I worked with Mike during most of the buying process, he was a cool guy. I've been taking my bike there for maintenance too, though it hasn't needed much I only bought it a year ago and only approaching 4k miles on it.

I can't answer the other questions though, sorry.

-----------------------------
2018 Rebel 500 ABS rider
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
I tried the Costco auto purchase when I bought a new Subaru Forester and found it was cheaper to just haggle price and buy the car. Costco price is set and that's it. I saved money.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPaisley View Post
Any deals with a dealership purchasing as a package? Extras like parts, gear, etc. able to be thrown in?

We see 1 or 2 500 ABS here and there, but have not seen 2 at the same dealership. Should we grab the ones we see at separate dealerships (sometimes hours from where we live)? Or order? (and how long is that taking?)
Every salesperson and every dealer is different so there is no one-answer-fits-all to those two questions, all I can say for the first is "wheel & deal" and ordering/arrival times would best be answered by the representative at the dealer unless you absolutely positively must have both bikes right now, in which case buy at the separate dealers that are hours apart.

"Ride Safe, Chop Safer" Motorcycles are not unsafe. However; they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
http://shadow-shack.20m.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 AM

We purchased (3) 300 ABS's at the same time. Aside from the the standard 300, they are the among the lowest cost bikes you can buy. Based on my experience and pretty extensive reading before the purchase, the dealership will not have any room on the cost to negotiate. Our dealership had one in stock and we ordered the 2 additional from the same dealership. Delivery took about 2 weeks and we decided to have the dealership trailer them all to our house at the same time, so they all technically arrived to us together.

Although we did not save a dime on the retail price, they were more than eager and willing to offer great deals on the equipment. These are our first rides and didn't have anything. We got great deals on jackets, gloves, and helmets to get us going and we're stilling using all of them a year later. IIRC, something to the tune of 75% off all gear plus a $100 allowance on helmets.

One other thing that surprised me was the bikes were already plated. Not temporary tags like I'm used to getting with cars. So all title and tag work was also included in the retail price.

I still love my Rebel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_121142.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	28515  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page