LED Bulb that fits the stock housing! Super Bright! - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Neil Braybrook
  • 2 Post By CueBaller
  • 1 Post By shortyg83

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

LED Bulb that fits the stock housing! Super Bright!

I installed the Mictuning L1 LED headlight in my bike last night, crazy bright, fits easily in the stock headlight with no mods even with the stock rubber boot fits, def recommend! If you check my vid there is a 30% off discount code good until the 30th if you want to pick some up and save some $$!

mrded and SkyerCorp like this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:14 PM

The 6 minute mark in the video is what I was looking for... that split "v" pattern doesn't look too bad in the backyard, but put yourself on a dark road at night doing highway speeds and that dark spot in the middle only gets wider the further out it shines.

I installed a different brand on mine that had the same effect... immediately turned around, went home, and took it back out.
Kenny G and Prgrmerror like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
The 6 minute mark in the video is what I was looking for... that split "v" pattern doesn't look too bad in the backyard, but put yourself on a dark road at night doing highway speeds and that dark spot in the middle only gets wider the further out it shines.

I installed a different brand on mine that had the same effect... immediately turned around, went home, and took it back out.
Ya the prolem is putting a LED bulb in a halogen reflective housing is never going to give perfect results no matter how many reflectors they try to build into the bulb.
The only way to get an actual good light output from the led is to put it in a LED housing or get one of the housings with the led built in.
flyinbrianbmx likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post

Leaps and bounds better than stock and not nearly as bad as you are describing, I have been riding with led's on all of my bikes for years, I can see the entire road without issue, I would never go back to halogen on any of my vehicles. But to each their own, for the price, cant go wrong..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 PM

Garage
OP, thanks for the recommendation and the installation video. I bought the same bulb and followed your instructions. I am happy with the results.

Old vs New pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyerCorp View Post
OP, thanks for the recommendation and the installation video. I bought the same bulb and followed your instructions. I am happy with the results.

Old vs New pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great! Super bright compared!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page