Diablo exhaust long - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By shortyg83
  • 1 Post By holypotatoes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Diablo exhaust long

Hi all I'm thinking of getting a Diablo exhaust long however by the the looks of pictures I've seen it'll come too far up and into my saddlebags are you able to just disregard the one extension piece and just use the double exhaust on the end piece (excuse the vague or incorrect wording I don't really know the specific names for these things).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190109-161912_1547011161731.png
Views:	102
Size:	492.1 KB
ID:	26975  
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:19 AM

Why don't you just go for the short version? Or will you still run into an issue this way?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Ya not sure why you would buy the long if you didn't want to use that pipe. No it will not work without that pipe because the pipe itself is also acting as a reducer so without that it would not fit. If you want that exhaust then buy the short version.

But that exhaust is not worth anywhere near that price. It is literally a 45 chinese exhaust that they tried to paint over and resell for 5 times the price.
rebelwithoutacause likes this.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Ya not sure why you would buy the long if you didn't want to use that pipe. No it will not work without that pipe because the pipe itself is also acting as a reducer so without that it would not fit. If you want that exhaust then buy the short version.

But that exhaust is not worth anywhere near that price. It is literally a 45 chinese exhaust that they tried to paint over and resell for 5 times the price.

Got a link to this 45 chinese exhaust that will ship to the US? Or any other slip on that is NOT a Radian Cycles bastardized excuse for a slip on, and is reasonably priced?

Last edited by RetroactiveRebel; 02-08-2019 at 01:07 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 10:02 AM

Some of the vendors in Thailand will ship to the US. Check out;

Zeed Parts
K-Speed
Murazaki Shop - this is where I got my Diablo pipe, limited English though

320 SP - can speak English

Rebel300&500 Market (Facebook group)
Honda Rebel 300/500 Thailand (Facebook group)

Even if they don't specifically state they will on their sites send them a message on Facebook or Line and they might make special arrangements.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroactiveRebel View Post
Got a link to this 45 chinese exhaust that will ship to the US? Or any other slip on that is NOT a Radian Cycles bastardized excuse for a slip on, and is reasonably priced?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-M...Fe60:rk:2:pf:0
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:43 PM

Thank you!!! Question though, does that actually mount to the frame of the bike, or just hang. I have seen some of the diablo kits with an extension or long bar that connects the slipon to the frame itself. Or the slipon connects to the frame itself.... for example.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Rebel-D...el+500+exhaust

Last edited by RetroactiveRebel; 02-11-2019 at 03:46 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroactiveRebel View Post
Thank you!!! Question though, does that actually mount to the frame of the bike, or just hang. I have seen some of the diablo kits with an extension or long bar that connects the slipon to the frame itself. Or the slipon connects to the frame itself.... for example.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Rebel-D...el+500+exhaust
The long version of the diablo comes with a midpipe that make the exhaust reach the normal mounting bracket.
The short version of the diablo comes with a bar that allows you to mount it to the bike.

The cheap version on ebay is basically without a way to mount it. You would have to figure out a bracket yourself.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
The long version of the diablo comes with a midpipe that make the exhaust reach the normal mounting bracket.
The short version of the diablo comes with a bar that allows you to mount it to the bike.

The cheap version on ebay is basically without a way to mount it. You would have to figure out a bracket yourself.
Has anyone found a way to mount the chinese version? I like the look but dont wanna pay 5x the price for the same pipe with an unwanted logo printed on the side.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRebelAlliance View Post
Has anyone found a way to mount the chinese version? I like the look but dont wanna pay 5x the price for the same pipe with an unwanted logo printed on the side.
I don't see how you couldn't just get a small elbow pipe to extend the short chinese muffler to the original pipe. I'd assume any muffler shop around you could do it, or you could order one online. Take this site for instance: http://www.walkerexhaust.com/assets/...ker_Elbows.pdf They have all different kinds of elbows going from 20 degrees to 90. All you'd have to do is just measure everything. A small piece of muffler pipe shouldn't cost you hundreds of dollars, and that'd be your solution as you'd still be able to use the bolt on the bike to mount.
TheRebelAlliance likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page