Rebel 300 Under-glow - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By Solux
  • 1 Post By IronLung

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Rebel 300 Under-glow

Hey everyone, this is my first motorcycle I've had it for about two months now and decided to add some lights to it for more visibility at night, and for the aesthetics.

Thought I'd share. It took about two hours or so to get all the lights attached, and the wire management.

I also hooked up a little gear indicator, which I don't even use much anymore now that I got a better feel for the bike.

So those are the two mods I've done so far. Really want to get some better grips too. Any suggestions?

Would like a better looking exhaust too, but the aftermarket ones I've read about are all obnoxiously loud supposedly. Oh and I'd like to get some bar end mirrors too eventually.

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Looks good.

I installed the Musarri exhaust about a month ago. I love it,it’s not too loud with the baffle in. Without the baffle I thought it was too loud but it’s still nowhere near as loud as a Harley would be. It looks and sounds great and took about 10 minutes to install it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	89ABCC34-C70E-46BA-988C-1D06CE6C5C16_1543775403792.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	26739  
Kenny G likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Do the lights change according to your mood? Can you flash or alternate them, like between red and blue? XD
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM

Garage
Wikipedia says:

Quote:
Legal issues
In the United States of America, certain underglow lights can be considered illegal.[6] The colors could be distracting to the drivers or the drivers could easily confuse them for police officers. For this reason, colors like blue, red or any kind of flashing lights are banned from public streets in some states. The laws on the underglow of a car depend on the state and if they believe that it could be harmful for the drivers on the road. Almost all the states prohibit the colors green, red and blue because these are used for emergency purposes only. States where there is a lot of traffic and have a lot of cities have stricter regulations due to the high risk of crashes. Police and the state government officials believe that bright colors at night could be dangerous for people who are also driving. Ground effects lighting is illegal in the state of Michigan.[7] In California,[8][9] underglow lights are allowed to be used in places other than public roads and there could be a penalty if found using them in public roads. In Vermont, there is a penalty if underglow is turned on while driving. In Alaska, underglow lights are allowed as long as the color is white, yellow, or amber.

Underglow or ground effects lightings are illegal in the province of Alberta, Canada. The use of these lightings are prohibited under section 4 subsection (4) of Alberta's Vehicle Equipment Regulation.[10]
Just something to be aware of because of your "visibility at night" statement. Just don't want ya getting a ticket for lights you thought were helping but actually might be illegal depending where you're at. I have an LED Halo headlight which I set to a solid-state red and have ridden right by cops and they haven't stopped me yet.

-----------------------------
2018 Rebel 500 ABS rider

Last edited by Json_Blob; 12-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page