Fair value for 2017 ABS? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Fair value for 2017 ABS?

Hello all,

After having two and a half years of experience on my Rebel 300, I was looking for an upgrade next season. I have a 2017 White with ABS and was wondering what people think I should be able to get for it. As this will be my first sale, I'm not certain what to expect and do not want to get ripped off. What is fair value for a 2017 ABS Rebel? Should I even consider trading in at the dealer's as my next bike will be a Rebel as well (500)? Would appreciate any help here.

Safe riding,

Hammad
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 09:12 PM

Garage
Hammad,

If you are going to sell your Rebel on Craig's List I would use Kelly Blue Book to determine the selling price.

The dealer will give you $1000.00 less than what he will sell it for. It would be best to try Craig's List first. You must get cash from a local person. NO PAYPAL, CASHIERS CHECKS or Personal Checks.....

Kenny
hammad.khan and beansTX like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammad.khan View Post

After having two and a half years of experience on my Rebel 300,
Were these bikes released in 2016 in certain areas? I was under the impression that it was a worldwide release in 2017 with the US getting them a few months later than the rest of the world.
hammad.khan likes this.

"Ride Safe, Chop Safer" Motorcycles are not unsafe. However; they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
http://shadow-shack.20m.com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Kenny as always for the advice. I'm in Canada so the equivalent is called Kijiji for us. I'm pretty happy with the bike. It even handles highway speeds of around 115 km/h quite well. I just think though that the 500 can probably serve as a better forever bike. Will make the assessment depending on how much I would have to spend though. I'm thinking anything south of $5000 Canadian is not worth it for my 2017. I also have a sentimental attachment to it as it is my first motorcycle.

And sorry Shadow, that's a type. Apologies for the confusion.
Kenny G likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 11:14 PM

between $4000 - $4500 US seems to be the norm.... check facebook groups a few people have bought and sold their bikes and posted that price range.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:51 AM

I bought my 2017 Rebel 300 ABS two months ago here in RI. The bike was always garaged and very clean. Stock except for the muffler but the stock muffler was also included. 2660 miles on it. They were asking $3200 and I paid $3000 cash.
Kenny G likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page