For those who have put up with all my questions and postings...... - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 12Likes
  • 7 Post By Elembytes
  • 1 Post By longbeachgary
  • 1 Post By Odin
  • 1 Post By dollarbill181
  • 2 Post By Locky

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

For those who have put up with all my questions and postings......

Good Sunday Evening to you all:

For those of you who have put up with all my postings and questions and so forth. I just wanted you to know that I finally pulled the trigger! I traded off my 2015 Honda Rebel 250cmx and got $2,000.00 trade.

I bought a 2018 Honda Rebel 500 ABS at a price of $6417.92!

I won't take possession for a couple of weeks because the shop is that far behind at this time of the year.

I am swapping out handlebars for 1" Tracker Bars by TC Bros. Apparently being only 5'2" and short armed the bars may NOT be enough of a pull back for me. So they are going to try to swap bars first, then see how that does. If I need more to make it so I can sit more up and down, then we can add ROX Risers which are adjustable. I am also having them install internal handlebar weights recommended by another forum user. Steiger performance bar weights.

However, the shop foreman told me up front they have NOT done many Rebels at all with my situation so they have NO clue to how much "Slack" there is in electrical, clutch and brake lines and cables. They told me that they have have to swap lines and solder wires, etc., etc., which could easily put me in the hole for another $500 plus! So I am really hoping this won't become a issue.

I test rode a Rebel 300 because that is all they had for a "Demo" and liked it but never got it up to 70 mph, due to the highway and exits and low fuel that they had. However I did feel the buzz like my old Rebel 250, but they said it would be better on the 500. I did like how it handled and shifted and so forth.

So, thank you to all of you for your patience, help, knowledge and time. I know some of you were quite tired of seeing my relentless questions. Good ole OCD! Gotta love it---_NOT!

Anyway- I am sure you'll see more from me, but just wanted you all to know I finally went through with it.

God Speed everyone!

Thank you again!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:46 PM

Garage
Congratulations. You're going to love it and it will feel like an old friend as soon as you get on.
Kenny G likes this.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 PM

Garage
nice, look forward to stories of riding from now on
Kenny G likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:31 AM

Congrats! and good price too might I add.
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:21 PM

Congratulations. I'll be honeet, I'm 6ft 1 and the rebel is the best bike I've ever owned. It's so much fun, I love the perfect amount of Puch it has, great handling and looks beautiful.

I thought I'd be too big for it, but I don't feel cramped and it doesn't look too small with me on it. I've always had bobbers in the past, so low is how I like them.

I wish you all the best with your bike and fingers crossed with the cables and wires.
Kenny G and Elembytes like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page