Two Brothers Exhaust Review - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Two Brothers Exhaust Review

Ok so first off I just installed this exhaust today, so this is still an early review. I will update it as I put more miles on the bike.

Honda Rebel 500

Previous Exhaust(Stock)(Emgo)

I started with the stock exhaust. Which is obscenely quiet and gigantic.
I then bought an emgo exhaust and an angled exhaust mid pipe. I also bought a silencer for it because I thought it would be needed. Even though it was louder than stock I still really couldn't hear it to much with my helmet on, and at speed the wind drowns it out completly. And forget hearing it while riding with others.

So after using those two for the past year, and not really being super happy I decided to finally pony up the cash and buy what I considered to be the obscenely overpriced Two Brothers Comp-S Slip-On.

Install: Obscenely easy. Everything lines up perfectly without any issue. Realistically you could install this in under 5 minutes. My only slight complaint is it probably should have came with some sealant to make sure it stays leak free at the clamp. But it doesn't seem to be leaking so hopefully that isn't an issue.

Build Quality: The Slip-On looks really nice. I got the Ceramic Black option. There was one tiny piece of the fiber glass filling sticking up inside, but that really isn't and issue anyway. The fit an finish all seem pretty high quality so I don't see having any issues there.

Design: This is probably mostly a matter of opinion because a lot comes down to looks. It does look good, but it also does stick out quite far from the bike. With the slanted upward design it does look like it was more intended for a sport bike as opposed to a cruiser. My biggest issue with design is I am not sure how much work was put into designing this exhaust specifically for this bike. The reason I say that is the exhaust is listed as being for the 300/500. Which to me is an issue. While obviously the layout of the bikes are the same the engine and therefor the exhaust system isn't any where near being close to similar. The 300 is a single cylinder engine with a Cat built into the exhaust. Meaning this exhaust is a cat-delete for the 300. It even specifies this on their website. But the 500 is a Twin with a 2 to 1 exhaust system which has the Cat in the exhaust line as opposed to being in the muffler. And yet here we are with the same muffler. And their website says nothing about the fact that on the 500 this is not a Cat-delete exhaust. While it probably won't cause an issue, I just feel like for the MSRP of $479 USD that the exhaust should be a little more tuned to different engines. Also keep in mind these will have to be repacked every so often, so they are not maintenence free. But it is pretty easy to do.

Loudness: Ok like I said I have only had this for today. So I will update this more. But the quick summary is yes it is loud......Compared to what this bike sounded like stock. To be honest if I eliminate the two other exhausts I have tried on this bike, this bike would likely still be quieter than all my past motorcycles. But saying that, it is by no means quiet. Comparing it to stock is an obscene difference. I don't think it should really annoy neighbors to much if you are not reving your engine like a moron.

Sound Quality: Oh My God... Did I get a new bike???? This can't be the same bike??? How can a paralell twin sound this good? Imagine big block sports car deep sound. That is kinda what you get. I watched every video on youtube of this exhaust and to be honest it sounds nothing like that. Do not judge if you are going to buy this on computer sound clips. I will likely upload one, but it will not do this exhaust any justice. It is by far the most amazing improvement you could ever expect to this bike.

Price: At $430 for stainless and $480 for black ceramic this is probably the most expensive exhaust you can get for the bike. Luckily through revzill or ebay you can get them a bit cheaper. But even so they do still seem very high priced for what they are.

Overall: To be honest, I love the exhaust. The sound is amazing, the quality is high, and the installation is easy. In my opinion if you can swallow the high price, you should buy this exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2824.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	22929  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
great review !

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:30 PM

Welcome to the TBR club!

If I recall correctly, it needs to be repacked every 5000 miles, and I think the kit is available from Revzilla for around $20.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
Welcome to the TBR club!

If I recall correctly, it needs to be repacked every 5000 miles, and I think the kit is available from Revzilla for around $20.
Thanks...

Yea that sounds right on the repack. You do have to drill out the rivets on the exhaust but overall it looks pretty straight forward and easy to do.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

So just a quick update on loudness. After using it for the last few days it really is not that loud. The sound is still basically drowned out by wind at highway speeds. And I rode the bike on and off a military base and none of the security gave me any issue. Riding home I came up on a Harley with stock exhaust and the sound of my two brothers could not be heard over that. So I don't really think people have to worry about being to annoying. It is just being use to the dead quiet stock exhaust that the loudness may come as a surprise.
rebelwithoutacause likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
So just a quick update on loudness. After using it for the last few days it really is not that loud. The sound is still basically drowned out by wind at highway speeds. And I rode the bike on and off a military base and none of the security gave me any issue. Riding home I came up on a Harley with stock exhaust and the sound of my two brothers could not be heard over that. So I don't really think people have to worry about being to annoying. It is just being use to the dead quiet stock exhaust that the loudness may come as a surprise.
I agree with you about being use to the stock pipe sound. When I got my twin pipe I panicked a bit and worried about how loud it was. So I asked them to put a modified baffles to tame the loudness. After riding with it for weeks, I think I will go to the shop again to remove the baffles. It's not really that loud anymore to my ears. Hahaha

Rebel 300 Noob - Lovin' it!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbass30 View Post
I agree with you about being use to the stock pipe sound. When I got my twin pipe I panicked a bit and worried about how loud it was. So I asked them to put a modified baffles to tame the loudness. After riding with it for weeks, I think I will go to the shop again to remove the baffles. It's not really that loud anymore to my ears. Hahaha
The stock exhaust is almost as quiet as an electric motorcycle lol. The engine itself was louder.
When I first go the bike a female friend said she loved how it looked and she couldn't wait to hear it..... I got sad and insecure on the inside. As I started up my beautiful bike which sounded like a 50cc chinese scooter. That is why I changed to the first exhaust I used before getting the two bros.
dollarbill181 likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 05:36 AM

Garage
Question Baffle

Hi, does the TBR come with a baffle that can be taken out ie on my last bike i had an Akrapovich exhaust and the baffle just had one screw so i used to leave it in during the working week but take it out for a braaaap at the weekends.....?

Rebelwithoutacause
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwithoutacause View Post
Hi, does the TBR come with a baffle that can be taken out ie on my last bike i had an Akrapovich exhaust and the baffle just had one screw so i used to leave it in during the working week but take it out for a braaaap at the weekends.....?
Pretty sure the baffle is riveted in, as part of the repack process is to drill out several rivets.
rebelwithoutacause likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Garage
Thanks for the info, is it too loud for my neighbours when i do a 3am shift....?!?

Rebelwithoutacause

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page